Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! I'm pretty new to glocks so I thought I'd sign up here. Glad I did!

I have a little question/mystery: I was field stripping my glock 22 last night & somehow accidently pushed down on something in the trigger assembly (it's a flat piece near the ejector, if that helps). I picked the gun up from my work bench & noticed that there was a tiny grub screw next to it. Now, I know there was nothing else on the bench that had a grub screw in it so I can only assume it came from somewhere in the glock.

I've checked the armorer's manual but don't see anything about a grub screw or anything like it. When I load a magazine with dummy ammo, it functions fine. I'm hesitant to test it with live ammo til I know the screw/object is where it should be.

I can take pics if it'll help.

·
Dungeon Schmuck
5,892 Posts
It is possible that an aftermarket adjustable trigger stop has been installed, and the small allen screw that takes up trigger overtravel has worked its way out.

If you can, detail strip the trigger assembly, and then check the rear of the trigger block for a round threaded hole matching that screw. The hole will be at the same level as the trigger bar cruciform riding within the trigger block.

·
Bustin Caps
6,927 Posts
I agree with the Rabbi... I've seen a set screw (what I've heard them called, not grub screw) in some aftermarket trigger housings, but Glock doesn't use anything like that anywhere in their gun.

Either the screw was already on your desk and you didn't notice, or something else, but it didn't come from your Glock.

·
Nagant-ophile
1,517 Posts
So you are telling us that you have a loose screw? :tongueout:

·
"Old Bill"
2,643 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
When I am at work I am always throwing a extra washer, screw etc. in my co workers parts pile. It always makes for god times.:supergrin:

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
It used to be considered the pinnacle of high humor during armorers class to wander by somebodies work bench, while they were working on a Smith revolver, and drop a small Colt part on thier table.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boy am I an idiot! I looked at it again this morning & realised it came from the flashlight mounted on my glock. <whew, sigh of relief>

·
Dungeon Schmuck
5,892 Posts
Boy am I an idiot! I looked at it again this morning & realised it came from the flashlight mounted on my glock. <whew, sigh of relief>
You're not an idiot. You have simply become a full-fledged member of the club of people who fouled up in a really humorous manner!

·
Socially Inept
5,448 Posts
Keep your grubby fingers off my Glock! :******:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts