·
Everybody Lies
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They lost a package of mine......:steamed:

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
How bad??? Is it just missing-in-tracking or over-a-week type of thing.

I've had tracking #'s show up as "not in our system" yet deliver. Or they say it's in Bangladesh and it arrives on my doorstep. They are pretty good at delivery. Tracking. . . notsomuch.

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
I won't disagree that they suck. It's all those "quality" individuals they hire.

I think the last time someone posted about this same thing, I commented that you had to score below 60 on a standard IQ test to work there.

·
1-man flash mob
4,917 Posts
My biggest complaint with USPS is their tracking system. Half the time it says "Electronic Shipping information received" with no updates until after they deliver it. Very frustrating to plan around if you know you have to sign for something.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have never had USPS's tracking system be accurate. It's typically 12-36 hours behind. I've gotten lucky that they haven't lost anything of mine yet. Good like to you though. Trying to get customer service from them is like pounding sand.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've been told by a USPS employee that it's not an actual "tracking system". It only gets scanned upon pick-up and delivery, not while its en route.

·
↓ hog hunter ↓
9,402 Posts
I've been told by a USPS employee that it's not an actual "tracking system". It only gets scanned upon pick-up and delivery, not while its en route.
This. That's why it's called Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation.

The tracking is pretty good on international shipments. It will let you know your package has been sitting in Customs for three weeks. :rofl:

·
Not panicking
1,412 Posts
They lost a package of mine......:steamed:

Agreed... Quick story:

I was going to New York in Feb '08 on business. I knew it was going to be cold up there and being that I live in Louisiana where our winters are fairly moderate, I needed to get a better jacket for the trip. So I ordered a nice parka on eBay and the shipper shipped it USPS. This was 3 weeks before my trip.

The seller shipped the jacket 2 days after I ordered it, and USPS tracking said it would be delivered within a week (when they finally updated the tracking). So 2 weeks go by, no jacket. 3 weeks later, I call the post office and ask them about it. First, they told me that the girl that runs my route didn't show up for work so they couldn't verify where it was. Then they tried to tell me it was delivered and a notice was left on my door, which it wasn't. I told them I had tracking information for it that stated it wasn't delivered. They said it must be at the post office waiting to be picked up, and to come up there, so I did. After waiting in a line for 45 minutes, I get to the counter and the postal worker basically looks at me like I'm crazy when I ask about it and present the tracking information. She goes in the back and can't find it, so I ask to talk to the supervisor on duty.

He told me it was delivered, then when I explained to him it wasn't and the tracking showed it wasn't he told me that it must have been stolen from my doorstep. Then he tells me the driver said she delivered it to my apartment office and the landlord signed for it. I checked with the landlord and no such luck. I called the supervisor and expressed my dismay to him and two days later went to my business trip, without my new warm jacket.

When I got back, just for the hell of it I called the post office supervisor again just to see if it ever turned up. He informed me that not only was it in the building, if I didn't get it by that evening they were going to ship it back because it had been sitting there for weeks waiting to be picked up. When I went to get it, it took them another hour to find it and then they treated me like I was the a-hole for making them look for it.

Just another fine example of government efficiency. :upeyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Atleast you got yours. I had one that was scanned as delivered but was never put in my box or left with my leasing office. Postal carrier told me it was not possible that he put it in the wrong box (all the while he was wiping the drool from his chin).

It was actually for the first item (15rd G19 magazine) that I ever bought through the classifieds on here...

·
Banned
62,270 Posts
Is the USPS unionized?

·
Banned
895 Posts
I'm on day four for a package that was an 1 1/2 away. It's supposed to be delivered today, we'll see. Looking at the tracking I am still trying to figure out where it was between Monday and Wednesday. Like I said it came from only 1 1/2 hours away. I should have just drove down and picked it up myself, What a joke.

I've always had good luck with UPS, that is what I prefer.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
lost means stolen by one of their employees.....you know the ones they recruit from section 8 communities. the ones who stand around behind the counter on their "break" while the line barely moves in half an hour while they explain every english word to the mom towing three small children.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Atleast you got yours. I had one that was scanned as delivered but was never put in my box or left with my leasing office. Postal carrier told me it was not possible that he put it in the wrong box (all the while he was wiping the drool from his chin).

It was actually for the first item (15rd G19 magazine) that I ever bought through the classifieds on here...

One of my packages was lost the other week too. I live in an apartment with a locked outside door and locked mailboxes inside. I ordered a holster and it's status was "delivered" but I never received it. They told me someone must have stolen it out of my box (locked remind you, and no damage). Pissed me off beyond belief.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Not defending UPS, but with the number of packages, they handle daily, it is a wonder more don't get lost.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hate them. My retarded brother in law works for the USPS and when he told me they pay him 60k a year to shove letters in a hole, it pissed me the hell off

·
Banned
62,270 Posts
For most of the lower level people, yes.
I'm just surprised to see poor quality work considering the typical focus on quality and efficiency exhibited by union shops.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts