GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
64,228 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
64,228 Posts
Hey, for men in the 62+ age group: 2 min of Pushups: 16 2 min of Situps: 26 and complete 2-mile in 20 minutes to pass the test with a minimum of 180 points. The PU is the only event that has the same minimum score for men 62+ and women in 32-36 age groups.
As of October 1st, there are no age groups anymore, now that the ACFT is required. The APFT is no longer a thing.

Now that we have the genderless test, I have to complete the 2 mile run 1 minute slower than the minimum on the 62+ male standards from the APFT, but that is still faster than the time they used to require for a 32-year-old woman. But I will probably be all worn out after doing my 10 pushups.

Reactions: cbetts1

·
Registered
13 Posts
As of October 1st, there are no age groups anymore, now that the ACFT is required. The APFT is no longer a thing.

Now that we have the genderless test, I have to complete the 2 mile run 1 minute slower than the minimum on the 62+ male standards from the APFT, but that is still faster than the time they used to require for a 32-year-old woman. But I will probably be all worn out after doing my 10 pushups.
My mistake ... I thought the old standards were in effect until the end of the year. I stand corrected. Thank you for the correction.

·
Registered
76,103 Posts
Why do people enlist in the Army? Too scared to enlist in the Marine Corps.
LOL!! When I was enlisting in the 80's, the Marines were tasked with holding Norway and the Army was tasked with holding Germany, France, and Belgium against the Warsaw Pact.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
76,103 Posts
Let's be honest, women are not equal to men physically. Putting female infantry in any hard battles like the Rapido River or the Chosin Reservoir would be a disaster.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I agree!!!
And while we’re at it,
The basketball goal is to high,
The golf green and the cup are too small,
The pitcher throws the baseball too fast,
And my boss wants me to work eight hours a day!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Why do people enlist in the Army? Too scared to enlist in the Marine Corps.
I'm retired Air Force and worked at a MEPRES station for a while. The Marine Corps is actually more difficult to get in to than people think, at least during those times. The easiest during quota times were the Navy, they would take anyone, then the Army. The Air Force didn't budge for any reason but if you were a person trying to enter the Marine Corps and lied get ready for a but chewing.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
A Civil War General, Gen Forrest, said to "Git there furstist and with the mostist"...

One day we are gonna have a war with China.. and if all they have is this Army crowd we are gonna get a whopping.

·
Rational
14,378 Posts
A Civil War General, Gen Forrest, said to "Git there furstist and with the mostist"...

One day we are gonna have a war with China.. and if all they have is this Army crowd we are gonna get a whopping.
I'm legitimately curious: where do you think we're going to be having a war with China in?

The Korean peninsula, perhaps?

We're not landing soldiers on Chinese soil, and they aren't landing soldiers here either. That would be an "end of society" type of catastrophic event, and that's probably not going to happen any time soon.

We trump them in every single conceivable category except the potential number of troops we could muster. But the number of troops means nothing if they can't leave mainland China.

If we have a war with them, it will be fought in the air and sea. And we would slaughter them in both categories. Our technology is miles better, our equipment is miles better, our training is miles better, and our military leadership is miles better.

The only way they are winning anything is by spreading their business influence across the world, and they've been doing that pretty well for the past two decades.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Fair is not lowing standards, Equal means to me doing the same, as anyone else. Women can & do serve in Combat Arm Jobs in Isreal. They just Y do the jobs as well, or better then male counter parts.

When you lower standards, you get sub standard performance.

·
Registered
31,040 Posts
In my police department and academy there were women who outperformed some men.

That made me think the military just needs to say this is the standard for this job, man, woman, or somewhere in between.

I know at 18 I probably would have passed BUD/S pinging across the bottom but even I made it past their operators course it would be long before they would have stuck me on a boat again.

By the end my career my ankle was so thrashed the academy standards would be too hard for me. I was basically blowing away bone and cartilage with every foot chase.

People need to realize not everyone can get into the big leagues and stay there.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I'm legitimately curious: where do you think we're going to be having a war with China in?
It will be over things like oil or trade or philosophy. China is building carriers to challenge the US on the high seas. They are claiming a large portion of the Pacific as theirs (South China Seas.)

Sooner or later we will have a serious argument with them.

·
AAAMAD
30,986 Posts
It will be over things like oil or trade or philosophy. China is building carriers to challenge the US on the high seas. They are claiming a large portion of the Pacific as theirs (South China Seas.)

lol

·
Anti-Federalist
19,087 Posts

2.5 carriers isn't going to be much of a challenge to 43 carriers.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts