Grocery Store Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GeorgiaGlocker, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Zerodefect

Zerodefect I feel pretty.

!?

Did you use one of these?
    [​IMG]

Tvov and G30SF/F-250 like this.
  2. GRT22

GRT22

The "lady"? How about the woman, or the female, but why do you elevate her description to a "lady". Are you one of the cops who arrests the "gentleman" after catching him committing a heinous crime?

3. GRT22

GRT22

That would open a possible opportunity to me, hmmm. If one was a jerk to me, I can raise their blood pressure too, and that will shock them, if they thought I was. a manager I mean.

4. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I order my groceries from Kroger online. I pull up they load them in the back and I am "outa there!"

It takes 5 - 10 minutes start to finish and I spend less than when I go to the store in person.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

jhc37013 and mmcbeat like this.
  5. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

I hear what you are saying but I tried that a couple of times. I like to pick out my own produce and meat. And check the expiration dates.

Glock4life! and Inyo Tim like this.
  6. Ftttu

Ftttu

Yep, it happens the same way with us - we see the bagger bagging away with other shoppers, but they leave when our stuff comes sliding their way. I even make it easy for them by putting all of the cans, bottles and other less fragile items first and fragile items last so they don't have to use precious brain power to sort them.

I do what I can to self checkout now. I used to be opposed to it, but now I prefer it. Sometimes the self checkout aisles are run by strict clerks so I can't check out above their item limit, but most of the time, I get on in there and do my thang when it isn't busy.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  7. tuica

tuica

I use the self checkout, and bag my own. Even prior to Covid, I’d rather not have someone else touching my foodstuffs.

I’m no germaphobe, but who knows where those hands have been? I began this a couple of years back, when I saw a checker sneeze into her elbow. Then wipe her hand across her nose. Fuggiddaboutit.

And with less than one bag of groceries, I get through that line quickly.

8. Wojo88

Wojo88

The Mennonite store where I go to still does that....I was there the other day, after all my goodies were wrung up the cashier asked me "your total is $215, does that sound right?".....

Inyo Tim likes this.