GlockTalk Forum banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
The lady that hit the back of my left leg with her cart a month after Achilles surgery. I went down like a bag of wet cement. My kid said I was quite vocal.
The "lady"? How about the woman, or the female, but why do you elevate her description to a "lady". Are you one of the cops who arrests the "gentleman" after catching him committing a heinous crime?

·
Registered
285 Posts
#1 Cashiers and baggers who touch my produce. They are trained to not touch the produce but they still do. Even when I double bag stuff they reach in the bag to find the little labels or stickers to get the numbers so they can ring it up.

#2 Customers who think I work there. Most are nice but some are a-holes to me. My daily wear clothes look close to what managers at my favorite store wear so I get the confusion but there is no need to be a jerk because I can’t help with a problem.
That would open a possible opportunity to me, hmmm. If one was a jerk to me, I can raise their blood pressure too, and that will shock them, if they thought I was. a manager I mean.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,106 Posts
I order my groceries from Kroger online. I pull up they load them in the back and I am "outa there!"

It takes 5 - 10 minutes start to finish and I spend less than when I go to the store in person.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I order my groceries from Kroger online. I pull up they load them in the back and I am "outa there!"

It takes 5 - 10 minutes start to finish and I spend less than when I go to the store in person.

Regards,
Happyguy :)
I hear what you are saying but I tried that a couple of times. I like to pick out my own produce and meat. And check the expiration dates.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Yep, it happens the same way with us - we see the bagger bagging away with other shoppers, but they leave when our stuff comes sliding their way. I even make it easy for them by putting all of the cans, bottles and other less fragile items first and fragile items last so they don't have to use precious brain power to sort them.

I do what I can to self checkout now. I used to be opposed to it, but now I prefer it. Sometimes the self checkout aisles are run by strict clerks so I can't check out above their item limit, but most of the time, I get on in there and do my thang when it isn't busy.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I use the self checkout, and bag my own. Even prior to Covid, I’d rather not have someone else touching my foodstuffs.

I’m no germaphobe, but who knows where those hands have been? I began this a couple of years back, when I saw a checker sneeze into her elbow. Then wipe her hand across her nose. Fuggiddaboutit.

And with less than one bag of groceries, I get through that line quickly.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
She was amazed when I told her that when I checked there were no bar codes and I had to punch in each item and memorize produce prices.
The Mennonite store where I go to still does that....I was there the other day, after all my goodies were wrung up the cashier asked me "your total is $215, does that sound right?".....

Reactions: Inyo Tim
141 - 148 of 148 Posts