GlockTalk Forum banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
No
Food and Wine has Wegmans as #2 and Publix as #9. Both in the top 10!

Wegmans is always ranked in the top five by Fortune in the best companies to work for in America.

Visit a Wegmans and see if you still agree.
No Wegmans or Kroger’s in my area.

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
It's basically a basket on wheels that you get when you enter the store to carry your groceries. After you pay for your groceries you use it to take them to your car. When done with your buggy you leave it there for the store to collect or for someone else to use.
Here in America, we call that a cart.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Hmmm. I wonder why ?
Yeah, I know. But I'm never wearing any makeup, my hair is in a ponytail, and I'm usually wearing shorts and a tank top, so it's not like I'm trying to attract attention.

They fall all over themselves to help Mommy too.

·
It ain't over
7,980 Posts
I like the self checkout. I use it every chance I get. The wait is usually much shorter.

AND - you don't have to wait for someone ahead of you to pullout their check book AFTER the total is determined. They could have the check made out before hand - at least the 'pay to', date, and the payee in the register. But oh no - they have to dig in a purse or pocket and dpull out the check book. Then they have to find a pen. Sometimes the checker asks to see ID - again, dig, dig, dig...

Granted, checks are pretty rare at the store these days. But still... They really slow things down. Nope - I like the self checkout.

Reactions: Tvov

·
It ain't over
7,980 Posts
Yeah, I know. But I'm never wearing any makeup, my hair is in a ponytail, and I'm usually wearing shorts and a tank top, so it's not like I'm trying to attract attention.

They fall all over themselves to help Mommy too.
Hannie! You and I are like twins! I'm Arnold... You're Danny. I don't wear makeup either. I usually wear shorts and a wife beater. And I never attract attention. It ends there... I don't have enough hair for a pony tail. And nobody ever falls all over to help this Fossil - the word derision comes to mind.

Reactions: Hannie Caulder

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Hannie! You and I are like twins! I'm Arnold... You're Danny. I don't wear makeup either. I usually wear shorts and a wife beater. And I never attract attention. It ends there... I don't have enough hair for a pony tail. And nobody ever falls all over to help this Fossil - the word derision comes to mind.
GDI....Pictures!

·
Come on man!!
14,339 Posts
#1 Cashiers and baggers who touch my produce. They are trained to not touch the produce but they still do. Even when I double bag stuff they reach in the bag to find the little labels or stickers to get the numbers so they can ring it up.

#2 Customers who think I work there. Most are nice but some are a-holes to me. My daily wear clothes look close to what managers at my favorite store wear so I get the confusion but there is no need to be a jerk because I can’t help with a problem.
1. No they aren't. Your produce sat on a shelf and lots of people touched it before you picked it out, which is why they aren't trained to not touch your produce. Double bagging it also makes it harder for them to read the small numbers on the stickers.

I was a cashier at Winn-Dixie and we touched people's produce all the time.

Reactions: paynter2

·
Pinky Out
58,477 Posts
1. No they aren't. Your produce sat on a shelf and lots of people touched it before you picked it out, which is why they aren't trained to not touch your produce. Double bagging it also makes it harder for them to read the small numbers on the stickers.

How dare you question the self proclaimed chef that makes chili from a can!!!! :miff:

I bid you good day, sir! :miff:

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,144 Posts
You know what I like about the self checkout lanes? I never once have gotten stuck behind someone with a "problem", like a fake bill or price check on that Infamil they know said BOGO free on the shelf (it never is) or some other "I need a manager over here" moment. Never once. Those kinds always go through the regular lines, and to me, that makes it worth it. Because if I get stuck in a "regular" lane, DO NOT GET BEHIND ME, as I have already made a drastic error in judgement as there WILL be a "problem" with the person ahead of me.

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts
Woodman's Grocery in Janesville Wisconsin, at least WAS, the BEST GROCERY STORE I've ever been to, been in, or seen ANY WHERE IN THE COUNTRY.

They had two entrances at each end of their store. The one on the left had a huge roof sticking out from the door at least four cars in two lanes could drive under it and the baggers from inside will not only bag at the cash register they pushed your cart out there and loaded them all in your trunk for you when you drove under the roof.

They had the best selection of foods I've ever seen in any store any where and the nicest employees AND THE BEST CUSTOMERS. It was no special day or anything for a customer going in to ask to take your cart back for you if you brought one out to the parking lot. Never a bunch of wandering carts rolling around the parking lot. EVERYONE was friendly and polite.

In fact a stop at that store on a weekend stay was a big part of our decision to move THERE when several options presented their selves.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It seems to be happening alot lately. I get in line to check out and there is a person bagging groceries. This is not the cashier but an actual bagger. I am next in line to check out and when I look up the bagger is gone. Yes, most of the time our buggy is fairly full to full. This really irks me. I end up having to bag my groceries. These young folks are lazy.
Oh....you poor thing.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Pet peeve, the person that splits the order between two or more receipts. The person that buys stuff for h(is)erself, mother and grown working child and insists on three different tallies separated into different bag types. Mom's are paper, grown working child provides reusables and the actual shopper has plastic.
I know it is time consuming BUT you could do the sorting at your home.

·
It ain't over
7,980 Posts

I try to touch as many melons as possible.

Reactions: treg

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Self checkouts that only take credit / debit cards.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Speaking of melons, how about the person who individually picks grapes out of each bag to fill there own bag. They feel each grape and decide which ones they want. Or, the person who rips all the ears of corn open to inspect them, gives them a sniff test and puts the corn back.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
When done with your buggy you leave it there for the store to collect or for someone else to use.
I rank people who don’t return their “buggies” to the proper area towards the top of the villain list - somewhere between Karl Marx and people who drink decaf coffee.

Lol really? Is "buggy" a southern thing it is the cart with wheels you push around at the store.
yes it’s a southern thing - they’re ‘shopping carts’ in the NE

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Bit of a thread drift. When I was a pup I worked part time in a grocery store - sacker and back up checker. I shop at a Kroger now and there are a couple of checkers that treat me well and I like to have them check me out. Anyhow, recently I was chatting with one of my favorite checkers and I told her that I used to check groceries. She was amazed when I told her that when I checked there were no bar codes and I had to punch in each item and memorize produce prices.

121 - 140 of 148 Posts