GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I like to make a list, get in, get my stuff and get out. Especially while we have to wear a mask. Grocery stores have a business model that includes tactics to keep shoppers in the store for longer periods of time. One such tactic is to move stuff around. The theory is that while you are looking for your item you'll impulse buy something else. This drives me nuts. I know where everything is, I want to get in and out quickly and they keep shuffling the stuff around.

·
Director of civil unrest
8,554 Posts
If you say so...but I figure if I'm out there busting my ass all day at work, the least she can do it put up the groceries after I pay for them and haul them home...
So she doesn't have a regular job?

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts
I like to make a list, get in, get my stuff and get out. Especially while we have to wear a mask. Grocery stores have a business model that includes tactics to keep shoppers in the store for longer periods of time. One such tactic is to move stuff around. The theory is that while you are looking for your item you'll impulse buy something else. This drives me nuts. I know where everything is, I want to get in and out quickly and they keep shuffling the stuff around.
A couple months ago right when the pandemic got wound up to full on panic, the local maomart SHUFFLES ABSOLUTELY EVERY SING ITEM IN THE STORE AROUND LIKE A DOUBLE DECK OF CARDS!

I HATE THAT PLACE!

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Pinky Out
58,482 Posts
I love going to the grocery store, taking my time, and checking out the hawt chicks.

And I must say, with them all wearing masks even the not so great looking ones improve.

There was this one knockout chick I had been checking out until we got to the parking lot and she removed her mask......:alex:

·
Registered
5,272 Posts

·
I feel pretty.
3,034 Posts
1. Publix can't seem to find anyone that can stack meat on bread in less than a half hour.

2. Lady that blocks the isle with her cart. I start bunny hopping or noisy sliding my cart to get her attention, if she still has the isle blocked when I get there, RAMMING SPEED!

If I'm in a better mood, I'll be nice and just dump random stuff in her cart as I pass by.

3. I can self checkout 100x faster than a cashier and a bagger.

4. People that shop as a family. It only requires one parent to fill a cart. The others can wait outside in the bottom of a lake or something. These people block isles, and generally get in the way of everyone that knows what they're doing.

5. NO I don't need to sign up for a new credit card.

6. Not enough strategically placed toy ball displays. Grab a ball first chance that you can. Bean annoying people on the back of the head as you leave the isle. If you get caught, just point at the nearest kid, or switch up to canned goods.

7.People that freeze up in front of the freezer section doors. As if they have forgotten why they're there. Rinse repeat in front of the orange juice doors.

8. People that freeze up after just barely passing through the front doors. Blocking the entrance. The ''death funnel''.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If you say so...but I figure if I'm out there busting my ass all day at work, the least she can do it put up the groceries after I pay for them and haul them home...
Do you think women shouldn't vote too? Do you raise your hand at her when she speaks out of turn? Lol

·
I feel pretty.
3,034 Posts
9. The guy that plays a violin in the wine isle. I have no idea why this guy pisses me off. He's not in the way or anything. I just hate him.

10. The Starbucks kiosk. It only attracts huge fat girls.

11. The produce baggies that open as well as a navy parachute.

·
Registered
970 Posts
At the Publix I shop at there is usually a bagger unless they are pushing someone's cart out to their car for them. I can see that for frail elderly people but more often it is 30 to 50 year old women that cannot push their own cart. I don't think I have ever seen a man getting his cart pushed out for him. You have to walk out to the car anyways, is it really that much harder to push the cart while you are walking? You just pushed it all the way through the store. I think some people just like to be waited on like they are a princess. If that is what it takes to attract customers I do not blame Publix for accommodating them.

Unlike the Krogers I used to go to Publix hires enough cashiers so that there is rarely a long line, bagger or no bagger. The Krogers was so short handed there was always a line. Even at the self checkout since there was only one person watching the area and every time someone had a problem it took a while to fix it. The Krogers employees were not lazy, there just wasn't enough of them.

·
It ain't over
7,983 Posts
One of the (many) sexes parks their carts like they're the only one in the store. Ex: They are examining some produce. they park their cart right in front of the broccoli and take up 8-10 feet of counter space. Nobody can shop there until they are done. And usually they have to examine every single head or stalk or bag of whatever they are looking for.

I get the purse thing. they don't want to leave their purse in the cart when it's not parked right in front of them. But why not put the purse on your shoulder? so you don't have to park right in front of the produce - give someone else a chance...

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Bagging my own stuff doesn't bother me.
1. I don't overload the bags;
2. I don't worry about my canvas bags splitting.
3. I would just as soon throw the stuff back in my cart. Depends. Sometimes I bag some stuff outside the car. If I have to take more trips between the car and where I put away groceries, I just count it as more walking exercise.
4. what bothers me is the lack of checkers in Von's which removed itself service. what bothers me are the customers who continue to shop while checking out or want to negotiate prices at the cash register. with the advent of credit cards, there are fewer numbnuts who forget to bring enough money to pay for their purchases.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
I reserve the term “lazy” for the kids who don’t work at all. Baggers in grocery stores are taking the first step in their work life. Learn to show up on time, do what you are told.

Once you master that, move on to jobs where you start to make larger decisions and your employer begins to depend on you.

I suspect baggers just go where they are told.
Around here, the baggers are usually elderly or younger people with special needs.

101 - 120 of 148 Posts