Grocery Store Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GeorgiaGlocker, Sep 30, 2020.

1. railfancwb

railfancwb

I used to enjoy a trip to Walmart. See what new is of interest. Then my attitude dropped to tolerate. Now I hate going there.

2. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

The WalMarts here don't have that. They are the same size as the grocery store self checkouts.

3. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Then find a line with a hot cashier

4. GlockPolock

GlockPolock

I been going to same grocery store for 21 yrs. my wife worked here years ago. She was here 14yrs. Jewel-Osco. I know 99% of workers by first name.

I understand when the bagger leaves. Sometimes it just their break time. They MUST take it when the manager tells them too.

I have reached over and bagged my groceries more times than i can remember. The cashier is always very appreciative of my actions.

I also understand that many cashiers cannot ring up alcohol. After knowing someone that worked and ran the place. I really understand the unknown most people do not know about at stores.

Be patient if mood and pain is allowing.

DO WIDZENIA

5. Terry G

Terry G

Store Employees don't bother me, customers do. Waiting for someone who has strategically blocked the aisle by turning the cart diagonally while she stands to the rear of it staring at the tomato soup like it's a huge decision which one to choose. She sees you, but she's making some point in her head by making you wait. Cart littering. Too much trouble to return the cart to the prolific cart racks, which may mean walking an extra ten feet there and back. The worst offenders are young Women for some reason.

syntaxerrorsix, Inyo Tim and JohnnyE like this.
  6. Terry G

Terry G

DBL Post.

ShipWreck likes this.
  7. JohnnyE

JohnnyE

I get that some folks are lazy (which still does not excuse sloppy behavior) and when they change their mind about something they put in their cart earlier, they abandon it in a random place rather than put it back where they got it. That's not so bad when they do this with room temperature products, but I can't count how many times I've found refrigerated items left on room temp shelves. I once found a quart of ice cream hidden away among loaves of bread. It got all the way up to room temp and had to be tossed. Come on, people!

Inyo Tim and treg like this.
  8. Z71bill

Z71bill

I don't like it when they put my carton of eggs and loaf of bread in the same bag -

Eggs have a risk of salmonella and since you don't cook your bread - even getting it on the outside of the bread wrapper could cause cross contamination.

I don't mind bagging my own groceries - except the plastic bags can be really hard to open - there must be some trick to it - or my old fingers don't work like they use to -

Inyo Tim likes this.
  9. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

[​IMG]

10. DeraldR

DeraldR

I prefer to bag my own groceries, and the carts left in the isle or the parking lot do not bother me. Sometimes, just for fun, I have moved an unattended cart to the next isle and waited to see the reactions.

But there are two things that piss me off. And at times, it is hard to hold my tongue because there may be hidden reasons for both.

First, is when a customer brings a non-service animal into a grocery store. Almost every health dept has rules that sadly, many grocers choose not to enforce.

Second, is when the handicapped parking is abused by people who do not need the privilege.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  11. 9jeeps

9jeeps rip "Bud"

I like the part: MAN UP!!!!!!

12. 9jeeps

9jeeps rip "Bud"

I like the part: MAN UP!!!!!!

13. 9jeeps

9jeeps rip "Bud"

IF you only could conceive of how many people handle your food, anywhere, before it hits your baggage.

Doc Holliday and Inyo Tim like this.
  14. Bradley T

Bradley T

Well, the OP said he had to bag his own. I've noticed the discrimination myself a lot of times: middle-aged "Whitey" comes to check-out- C-ya! We are now the most discriminated against demographic in this nation! Tell me I'm wrong!

15. DeraldR

DeraldR

It's been that way for a long time, We are the only unprotected class.

16. Jon_R

Jon_R

At my local grocery store the bagger then offers to take them to the car for the person. Maybe that is where they disappear to. Also you don't have to bag just stand there someone will or the cashier will if it is important to you.

17. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

The only place our groceries get bagged is at Safeway and only when we don't go through the self check out. It's not a bid deal to me. Does it irk you that there's no one at home to unbag them and put them away? :headscratch:

18. Terry G

Terry G

Both my Children worked at a local grocery store one as a checker one as a bagger/stock boy. They both gained experience in working for a living. My Son told me bagging was part of the training, there's an art to it.

19. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

We got voulenteer baggers at commissary, they do not get paid, they get tips. I find the help in the commissary very superior to the average grocery store.

Friendly, will help you find an item, will go to back room to get you something not on shelf, just not like the normal shopping experence.

20. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

That's what a woman is for.

FullClip likes this.