GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
It seems to be happening alot lately. I get in line to check out and there is a person bagging groceries. This is not the cashier but an actual bagger. I am next in line to check out and when I look up the bagger is gone. Yes, most of the time our buggy is fairly full to full. This really irks me. I end up having to bag my groceries. These young folks are lazy.
WTF are you talking about? Every grocery store I've ever been to had the cashier bag the groceries if a bagger wasn't there at the register.

That is one of the most petty complaints I have ever heard uttered by another adult. :upeyes:

Reactions: G30SF/F-250

·
Registered
23,870 Posts
How many people have touched that produce before you picked it up?
The people who picked it And the guy who
put it out. The guy who put it out wears gloves.

The cashier has been handling money and other items that have just been touched by customers with dirty hands This is the easiest way to have produce contaminated. This has been proven.

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts
It's basically a basket on wheels that you get when you enter the store to carry your groceries. After you pay for your groceries you use it to take them to your car. When done with your buggy you leave it there for the store to collect or for someone else to use.
I usually get my buggy when I get out of the car in the parking lot because some fat lazy democrat just walks away from it after they pull the last candy bar out of it.

When I'm done with it I take it back in the store there where they keep a pile of them, you know, like the other two or three adults who shop there. You can recognize them pretty easy, their pants are up, they are WEARING pants and shoes.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
They don't have baggers here.
Heck, they don't even have bags unless you want to pay extra.
As for cashiers, last time I was in a walmart there were 6 lanes for them to check you out, and 50+ for self checkout.

They've hiked up the minimum wage so high that nobody will hire for jobs that don't show a tangible income from them. It's just not cost effective to hire real people anymore, so they don't.

·
JAFO
13,658 Posts
I can’t wait until I have absolutely nothing else going on in my life that something as trivial as having to be bothered to bag my own groceries ruins my day and causes me to come to the interweb and vent my frustrations of how my rights were infringed.

But for now, I had a very busy day at work, took time to make some parts for a chick at work to help keep her new puppy from digging out of the fence, came home and cooked, cleaned, and relaxed with a beer.

Life is great and not much really bothers me. :cheers:

There is a lot of truth to this post. :dunno:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
The cashier touches every item I buy with her filthy hands. But there is a plastic barrier between us so it keeps us safe.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Me too. And even though I tell them I don't need help putting them in the truck, they are so sweet at Publix they always insist on helping anyway.
I'll bet if you fire a warning shot they'll leave your stuff alone. :kidding:

·
Registered
18,030 Posts
Visit a Wegmans and see if you still agree.
I'll pass, looks like the nearest one to me is close to a thousand miles away. I'll stick to Dillon's if you don't mind.

Reactions: DaveD

·
Pinky Out
58,477 Posts
Me too. And even though I tell them I don't need help putting them in the truck, they are so sweet at Publix they always insist on helping anyway.
Publix is very good about helping the elderly. :wavey:

:supergrin:

·
Registered
18,030 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Meijer:
The cart corrals outside have two lanes with large signs for each lane. "Small carts" and "Large carts". It's quite amazing how many people can't read.
The deli counter is worthless, you'll spend 30-45 minutes waiting to get your order filled.

Kroger:
prices

We usually shop at ALDI and the worst thing about that place is sometimes the inventory is inconsistent with the stuff we always buy.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Ill do self checkout when I get an employee discount
My brother has the same sense of humor.

In the early days of self checkout, a store employee saw him approaching a regular checkout line and asks if he'd like to try self checkout. He says "sure" and they head over. Brother scans first item and places it on the belt and does the same for the second item. He takes the third item and without scanning it puts it on the belt. The nice store lady says no, you have to scan every item. "Oh," he says.

He looks over at an old-school checkout line, points at the cashier and asks "you pay her to do what I'm doing, don't you? How are you going to pay me for doing the job you pay her to do?" Pause..."sir, it doesn't work like that." :p

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,047 Posts

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,047 Posts
With an entire basket of stuff - like he said. Who wants to do that. There is not much room there either. How do you load the basket with bags when you are still emptying it.
Walmart has bigger self check outs that have the belts to load your stuff onto, so there goes that argument

61 - 80 of 148 Posts