Grocery Store Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GeorgiaGlocker, Sep 30, 2020.

1. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

It seems to be happening alot lately. I get in line to check out and there is a person bagging groceries. This is not the cashier but an actual bagger. I am next in line to check out and when I look up the bagger is gone. Yes, most of the time our buggy is fairly full to full. This really irks me. I end up having to bag my groceries. These young folks are lazy.

2. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

I prefer to pack my own. Keeps the jerks from packaging your cheese and meats with the soap and chemicals. Also keeps the cold stuff together. And in the extreme keeps the angry s4itz from squeezing your cheese. tom.

jfusaro, 9jeeps, Jack Ryan and 10 others like this.

3. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Man up and go thru the self serve line and ring up and bag you own

4. nmk

nmk

Extra baggers are commonly used to help lines get caught up. They are probably leaving to go back to what they were doing. Not a reason to call them lazy.

5. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

THIS! vvvvvvv

deputy tom likes this.
  6. GeorgiaGlocker

When we have a bagger, I always unload the cold stuff first so it gets bagged together for the most part.

7. GeorgiaGlocker

When I see them just a few feet away staring at their phones, they are lazy.

My first job was bagging groceries at Piggly Wiggly back in 1971. If we had ever done something like walking away from a customer, it was over. Customer service is no longer something companies care about for the most part. Sad.

8. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

You and your fancy pants store where they actually pay someone to bag your groceries!

9. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

For me its people that stop with their cart in the middle of the aisle so I can't get by. :fist:

10. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

What did he do? Did he maybe take the groceries to the elderly persons car? Might it have been the persons kid?
    I was bagging my moms stuff, went to grab a free sample from bakery (yes I took one earlier but I figured I had time to grab another). Next lady was TICKED I didn’t bag her stuff.

I don’t like going to store on base. Kids want to take the cart to your car for tips. I would rather do it myself. But they are taking some action, are friendly, helpful. So I tip them a buck, or two.

tuica, FullClip and buddyd157 like this.
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157

the 2 grocery stores i go to (both the same chain, just different locations) have maybe 1 bagger available. they go to the various registers to help out. happens to me many times as well, but the cashier also does bagging. that bagger you speak of, may have to be in a rotation to help other cashiers, or other duties till called to help.

Boundertom and FullClip like this.
  12. GeorgiaGlocker

See my post #7. He was a few feet away staring at his phone.

13. DaveD

DaveD Ex-Mod Moderator Millennium Member

You need a Wegmans. No such thing as waiting in line even if a manager has to open a lane.

The opposite would be a Publix. They read the ingredients as they check you out. If you go to the Publix deli counter you could add 30 minutes to your day (off season & off times). They really have it figured out. If there are 12 people waiting they have three people working so you wait 30 minutes. If there are three people in line they have one person working so you wait 30 minutes. If there is one person in line they all go on break so you wait 30 minutes :)

6Actual, rogn, GeoJelly and 2 others like this.
  14. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

The lady that hit the back of my left leg with her cart a month after Achilles surgery. I went down like a bag of wet cement. My kid said I was quite vocal.

ZekerMan likes this.
  15. Tvov

Tvov

I can understand Georgiaglocker. When I would have a full cart, I would intentionally wait in a longer line if there was a bagger... and far too many times by the time I got to the register the bagger went somewhere else.

Now I am hooked on using my own bags - made of heavy material with handles that don't break as I am walking up the steps to my front door. I also finally learned how to use the "Pricing gun self checkout" system... it is wonderful. I scan products as I put them in my bags, then at the register just scan the pricing gun and pay by credit card. Usually all of 2 or 3 minutes to check out!

And.......... all my stuff is already bagged.

GRT45 likes this.
  16. Larry302

Larry302

I haven’t seen a “ bagger “ in idk decades ? Cashier runs items over the scanner and right into a bag , full bags placed at end . I just group like items together.

9jeeps and Jack Ryan like this.
  17. toofman

toofman

The Kroger near us hires special needs adults to bag groceries, which I appreciate. They don't "spike" my taco shells and bananas in the bag like the usual baggers.

lazarus66, rotorhead1026 and FullClip like this.
  18. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

#1 Cashiers and baggers who touch my produce. They are trained to not touch the produce but they still do. Even when I double bag stuff they reach in the bag to find the little labels or stickers to get the numbers so they can ring it up.

#2 Customers who think I work there. Most are nice but some are a-holes to me. My daily wear clothes look close to what managers at my favorite store wear so I get the confusion but there is no need to be a jerk because I can’t help with a problem.

ShipWreck likes this.
  19. Wojo88

Wojo88

I can't tell you how many times I have bumped someones cart hard enough to get there attention then look at them with an incredulous look on my face saying "oh I'm sorry" . I didn't see your cart in the middle of the isle.....

20. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Baggers only show up to help the hot, sexy women ahead of me in line, they immediately leave when my ugly mug gets to the front, butt I'm in no rush while I enjoy the view in the meantime.

It's one less person to touch my food, and that's okay during this time of Covid.

GRT22 and GlockPolock like this.