Grizzly Bears ---- Again!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LinuxLover, Nov 15, 2019.

1. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

[​IMG]
    NW Montana grizzly deaths spur pushback............

BY: EVE BYRON [email protected]
    • Nov 12, 2019
    A group of researchers is publicly challenging the official narrative that a grizzly bear population can be removed from federal protection.

EXCERPT for Educational values only......

Two recent grizzly bear deaths in northwestern Montana, coupled with the high mortality rate there for the past two years, is prompting a group of researchers to publicly challenge the official narrative that the population is healthy and can be removed from federal protection.

The Nov. 7 shooting of a female grizzly bear by a hunter east of Eureka pushed the number of known “mortalities” to 48 in the Northern Continental Divide Ecosystem. That's close to the record number of 53 mortalities last year in the NCDE, which includes about 8 million acres in Glacier National Park, the Bob Marshall Wilderness complex and surrounding areas. It's home to an estimated 1,000 grizzlies.

CREDITS: https://missoulian.com/news/local/n...tent=04fccdb2d4908ed7d088d1017a0ab69ca854c384

ME HERE ---> I saw a Griz a couple of weeks ago - and NO --- I didn't shoot her.

I assume "her" because the males start their hibernation a little earlier - but we've had some silly weather patterns.

"Patterns" is a misnomer. There are no weather patterns any more.

Summer was 3 days long and Fall never happened. We had tress in full leaves and it was snowing. Go figger........

Anyway --- I think the first time one of these cute fuzzy cuddly bears eats a kid - the Kumbaya atmosphere will change in a hurry.

Just_plinking likes this.
  2. Beendare

Beendare Stick and String, SME, NRA life member

Don't kid yourself.....there are many of these animal rights folks that value an animals life more than humans.......

The reality of the situation is; many of the folks pushing for these these Apex predators to run unchecked live in far removed cities and have never seen one of these bears in the wild.

I can barely remember my wedding anniversary...but that brown bear the size of a VW Beetle I jumped in the alders bowhunting on Kodiak 15' away 20 years ago will forever be burned into my memory. The world needs these bears....but only in selected areas.

Caver 60 likes this.

3. Lazy R

Lazy R

Well they didn't delist wolves until all the West Fork elk herd was gone, and wolves were attacking dogs right in Hamilton. Even then, the barkeaters all cried like Trump just got elected. They hunt em now and still lots of wolves to go around.

I think we have a ways to go before grizzlies are delisted.

mc1911 and Caver 60 like this.
  4. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    NoJoy and azbuckeye like this.
  5. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

Was that YOU!?!? Can I get an autograph?

PM and I'll send you my mailing address.... TIA.

6. Just_plinking

Just_plinking

I'm from the southeast, so I don't have any experience with brown bears.

If I was in a situation where one was in range, and actively moving towards me, I'd be pulling the trigger till it went click. I'd worry about explaining it to the game wardens later.

Those things are like the sharks of the land.

The idea of them scares the hell out of me.

7. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Are there even any Mule Deer left in CO. after the Lefties got hounds banned for Lion hunting years ago? Last time I was there a lot of guides had stopped even taking guys out the bucks were so poor and the Lions so thick.