Glock Talk banner

Grips for Browning Hi Power

3572 Views 38 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  MoRivera
I am getting my BHP Cerekoted its at the shop right now. I want to add a set of new grips to finish it off. Most likely something wood and nice, possibly the G10 type material but am leaning wood. I was looking in the $60-100 range(give or take) to spend.

When finished the gun should look like this..but obviously a BHP not a Beretta..lol but the color scheme.
http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/...n-with-H146-Graphite-Black-and-H167-USMC-Red/

I have seen a few but know a LOT more than the 2-3 places ive seen are available..
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Premium Member
2,340 Posts

· Registered
16,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the VZ thats one of the ones I was looking at I like the 320s and Slims in the Dark Cherry,Olive,Tiger and heyena lol too many to choose from..and trying to visualize them on a gun like the Cerekote picture..

· Registered
16,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like nothing better than the stock walnut grips on a BHP, though there are some nice aftermarket grips available.
Yeah I know the 2 ive seen are

Spegels in the high grade walnut or cocobolo

and Esmerelda

but i know there are other out there just dont know what or if any are just as good or better...

· Registered
3,497 Posts
If your interested in a fully checkered grip see Brownells.

· Registered
763 Posts
If this is going to be a every day carry or heavy use gun, I say go with VZ, excellent "shootability" with decent utilitarian looks, and you can't hurt them.
But if this is going to be a piece that gets fired occasionally and admired a lot. Go with Esmeralda. The BHP is classy... and many of her grip designs are classy, what a marriage!
Hogue wood is cheap enough and I've had great luck with fit with 3 different types of wood if you want a small touch of class on a carry piece.
The BHP and Colt Python are the only two guns I've ever associated the word class with.

· woo woo
31,835 Posts
For that finish I'd go VZ like others have said.
The Navridex/Brownells are nice, Spegels are the cats ass....I had them on an FEG clone. Hogue makes a nice wood panel as well, I have them presently on my Arcus 94. These are king wood.

· Work in Progres
1,264 Posts
Craig Spegel. Nice guy to boot. They have an awesome shape to them. He offers a variety of woods and grades for every budget. IMO, the standard.

Vz are excellent as well. Huge range of colors and textures.

Can't really go wrong w any of the options posted.

· Registered
16,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh and I didnt plan to CC it just a nice hd and or regular old range gun. Not that id hesitate to carry it if my SR9c went down for some reason, it just was not specifically bought for that. I had just always wanted a BHP without spending $900 ;) . And this solved that even after coating and a new rear sight i will have $500-550 into it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.