close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

grip size difference between Gen4 and G21 SF?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chemboy, Mar 13, 2012.

1. chemboy

chemboy

Does anyone happen to know how the grip size of the G21 SF compares to that of the Gen4 G21 with the smallest backstrap installed?
    Reason I ask is that I have smallish hands and the SF's have worked well for me in the past, but would be interested in a Gen4 if I can get an even smaller grip?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The grip dimensions of the new G21 Gen4, without a backstrap adapter installed, are essentially equivalent to the dimensions and contours of the Gen3 G21SF. If the optional 2mm backstrap adapter is installed on the G21 Gen4 the pistol grip will have dimensions very similar to the standard G21 Gen3.

Many have reported (myself included) that the G21 Gen4 without backstrap adapter feels even smaller than the G21SF. Most attribute this to the difference in the grip texture of the G21 Gen4. The G21SF has a deeper texture on the finger grooves and the backstrap compared to the sides, whereas the grip texture of the G21 Gen4 is uniform around the entire circumference of the grip.

I prefer the feel of the grip texture and utility of the larger mag release on the Gen4 G21 over the Gen3 G21SF.

3. tgmr05

tgmr05

Grt45 pretty much nails it. The gen4 21 feels ever so slightly smaller, though it is, for all intents and purposes, the same size. I have not shot mine side by side, so do not know which I would prefer. The new mag release is a big plus in my book, though. I just happen to have a 21sf that has a serial number starting with my name, so, for now, I prefer the 21sf. But the feel of the gen4 is calling to me....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. Meathead9

Meathead9

I couldn't have said it better myself.

5. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Neither can I.

I've shot mine back to back, though, and that darn Gen 4 grip (sans any back straps) sure does FEEL smaller!

6. chemboy

chemboy

GRT & Others:
    I appreciate the responses-sounds like a Gen4 may just be the ticket.