close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grip reductions okay for stock?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by sportshooter, Sep 17, 2002.

1. sportshooter

sportshooter .com or .info Millennium Member

I was fortunate enough in Richmond, CA to have some very good shooters have very bad days and I won Stockmeister. Since I just got clearance from my wife to take my son to matches, I was planning on using the certificate to get a gun for his own use.

I want to have a grip reduction done on it and I think that's okay, but I just read through the online version of the GLOCK Report and could not confirm that a grip reduction was alright.

Anyone have a grip reduction done? I've heard nothing but good things about Robar and the Arizona Response Systems package looks good (they do more than just reduce the size).

Millard

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Modifications of the receiver aren't allowed, it puts you in Unlimited. As with all questions like this though, a quick call to GSSF and Chris or Scott will get you the best information. Sometimes things change. ;)

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

A grip reduction is a frame modification, placing the pistol in Unlimited Category.

4. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

I have used Glock. The frame has a hole for a set screw that acts as a trigger stop...done by JP Enterprises I think.

I don't use the trigger stop...I can and would remove the screw. I'd even fill in the hole if that would help.

Am I screwed?

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Flex,

Just remove the screw and you will be OK.

6. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Thanks Danny. :)

I'd hate to practice up...do load develpoment...join GSSF and travel, then get lucky enough to win something and be told I have an illegal gun because of that little hole (which provides no advantage).

7. Boom Vang

Boom Vang

I'd get rid of that thing and fill in the hole. You don't need it for GSSF, nor would you want it for a combat gun. I've yet to see an overtravel stop of any sort on any gun that didn't cause problems unless regularly attended to. OK for Bullseye, but otherwise, I'd permanently remove it.