Grip Reduction Recommendations on 21SF & 30SF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rick7938, Oct 26, 2010.

1. rick7938

rick7938

I have been very hesitant to pull the trigger on this process on two of my beloved Glocks. However, after reading the reviews and researching the wesites, I have decided to send my 2 Glocks to Cold Bore Customs. I am impressed with the workmanship and support any LEO in any way I can.

My requests for input are related to the following questions before I send them for irreverseable alteration:

1. Is there any degree of grip reduction that I need to request to get the grips as close in size to a G19 as possible, since the G19 fits my hand perfectly? I understand that it will never be the same size, and I understand that I could have gotten the GAP guns, but I have tons of .45 ACP hardball and just could not justify the GAP caliber.

2. What is the preferred style of texturing for general carrying. I love my RTF2 G19, but it is a little more aggressive than I would think would be preferred for general carrying in a sport holster. I will never carry my G21SF IWB, but may carry the 30SF. I have Blackhawk CQC OWB for both.

3. I have installed the Pearce +0 magazine extensions on the 30SF magazines because they look and feel better than the stock pieces. Has anyone had problems with the durability of these extensions? I assume that I should send the magazines also for texturing - correct?

4. Will I need to totally strip the frame prior to shipping? Do I need to remove the magazine extensions from the magazine prior to shipping?

Thanks for any input. I know many if not all of these questions have been asked at one time or another, but I am very nervous about the process, although I am totally sold on Cold Bore Customs.

2. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

Ill answer what i can.

2. I have the carry texture grip and it is great. You can also get the executive texture which seems to be less aggressive. For me, i have not had any issues or complaints with the carry texture.

3. Yes, send the mags with the pierce extension and he can add texture. He has a pic on his website and i like it. Email him to find out for sure.

4. Yes, take all the components out prior to shipping. I didnt know how to do a detail strip at the time so he handled it for me.

Contact Lane and he can help you with all your questions. He was a great person to deal with. I was scared at first, but he really eased my mind after talking with him. He does excellent work and in a very short period of time. I would not hesitate sending him another one of my glocks. I might send him my g30 as well. Good luck!

3. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

I have always just popped off the slide and sent the complete frame to Lane. You will love his work.....it makes the Glock feel so much better in my hand. Lane is top shelf!

4. rexbo

rexbo

5. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

sandpaper while watching tv