Grip Force Adapter modifications?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Inebriated, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Inebriated

Inebriated

So I picked up some GF Adapters for my 19 the other day. First impressions are that I love what it's trying to do, but I really don't like "it". My problem is just that I can feel it move around a little, and it just feels tacked-on (because, well, it is lol).

I've been thinking about doing some modifications to it to smooth it out, put some epoxy to permanently affix it to the grip, and try to sand it flush to the backstrap. Then I plan to stipple the whole grip. Now, I'm not going to do that on my beloved 19, so I'll likely be picking up another 19, or maybe a 32, when this rush blows over, and will do the work on that. But right now, I'm hoping some of you have possibly done some work on these to make them feel more natural?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

you can also try some heat on it to make it fit more tight to the frame worth a shot also if you dont want to make it permanent you can also use some silicone to hold it down, and if ya get tired of it peel that off ...

3. Scott30

Scott30

I have them on all my glocks and none of them feel loose. They snapped on the gen 3's no problem. Gen 4 26 with medium backstrap took some work to make it fit.

Is your 19 a Gen 4 with no backstrap? They are not designed to fit that configuration.

Noticed on their website that they sell a small tube of semi-permenant RTV to adhere backstraps to gen 4s. Maybe that would solve the problem for you without destroying the gun.

4. Inebriated

Inebriated

I thought about the heat thing. The silicone, I did not. I'll look into it if the backstrap thing doesn't work. Thanks!

It is a naked Gen 4, yes.

I'll dig out my backstraps and give it a shot, thanks!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  5. Scott30

Scott30

6. Inebriated

Inebriated

Well now that chart says no backstrap means to use the "Gen 4" adapter. That's what I'm doing.

And upon trying the M backstrap, it's as the chart suggests... the "123" adapter fits, where the "Gen 4" adapter doesn't. Well, it does... but not quite as well.

7. tango44

tango44

So there is no an specific adapter for the G26?
    You have to modify the one for the G17????

8. Inebriated

Inebriated

The "123" is designed for Gen 3 Compact and Full-Sized frames, and the "Gen 4" is obviously designed for the Gen 4 Compact and Full-Sized frames.

I tried both on my Gen 4 26, and it would probably just require some heat to get it to fit. The problem is the hump on the 26's grip pokes out too far, so the holes in the adapter don't quite reach the point where the backstrap pin could go through them. They're actually quite a bit off. But I'm confident that you could fit it with some heat. I REALLY wish they made one for the 20/21 frame. I have more of a slidebite problem with those.

9. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

You can make it fit prefect on the 21, just give it a little heat and then put it on your,grip and hold it in place till it cools and takes shape of the grip, i got one to fit on my buddies 21 fit like a glove...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

10. Inebriated

Inebriated

Figured I'd give that a shot when I do the 19's. Good to know it worked for you!

11. Scott30

Scott30

On my Gen 4 26 I had to sand off some of the inside ribbing to get it to fit. I also cut and sanded the length to the 4th row of texture from the top. Communication with Grip Force they told me that you need to have at least the top 2 horizontal ribs present for proper fit thus me cutting at row 4/5 of the texture.

There are some pictures on their website to show the mod I just described. One of the pictures shows the texture left on, another shows the texture removed after fitting. After sanding just go over the sanded area with a Sharpie and rub with a cloth to make it blend in.

Hope that helps.

12. Willfulone

Willfulone CCA Corvette

I lightly sanded the inner and outer edge, made it much more flush and natural feeling. I don't even notice it anymore.

Will

13. Marshall Dillon

Marshall Dillon Make mine a 9mm

On my Gen 4 G19 and G17 I prefer the medium backstrap and the smooth (not ribbed) Gen 123 GFA. Awesome combination.

14. blastfact

blastfact

I cut the beaver tails off my M&P's. And Glockers put them on. LOLOLOLOLOL