Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'm your huckleberry....
18,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sorta / kinda tried to hi-jack another thread on this but posted too late and never got any responses. I have read about these so-called extensions but from the pictures I've seen I can't figure how they work.

This is new to me so please excuse my ignorance on the subject. Why do the extensions have a slanted bottom? If they are to take up space between the bottom of the grip and the longer magazine to be used, shouldn't they be straight and not angled?

Just seems / looks weird to me. What am I missing here? And do they just fill space if you use larger mags than what goes with the gun. For example if I wanted to use the mags from my G19 or G17 in, say, a G26, would extensions be required or just a choice?

I've used the 17 mags in the 19 and other than a bit of gap between the bottom of the grip and the mag floorplate, what's the big deal? Please be gentle....:embarassed:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Thats it in a nutshell brother, an extension is just that, an extra piece of plastic that when atattched to you mag either allows you an extra bit of room, an xtra round or two, or both.

·
I'm your huckleberry....
18,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats it in a nutshell brother, an extension is just that, an extra piece of plastic that when atattched to you mag either allows you an extra bit of room, an xtra round or two, or both.
Thanks for not bringing up the "slanted bottom" part of my question. I'm gonna call it a "Senior Moment" and be done with it! After I thought for a while I saw the error in my query.

But, please expand a bit on what you wrote. "An extra bit of room" in which way? I figured any extra space would be filled with the longer mag and, consequently, a few extra rounds.

Is just some "extra room" something other I am not seeing? Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts