Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been asked about some photos of one of my grip chops. Here is a G19 with the basic chop with no other options. I just finished this one for a customer and thought I would take a few shots. This customer wanted the chop to match the G26 grip on the bottom. I do bevel the entire magwell to aid in feeding. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. TXPO

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to put that in the description. It started out as a G19. He wanted undercut trigger guard and grip chop only. TXPO

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks good. Im a little more interested in the other G19! Very nice work! Id really like to get that done or do it myself! Do you mind posting a few more pictures of it~!

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Looks good. Im a little more interested in the other G19! Very nice work! Id really like to get that done or do it myself! Do you mind posting a few more pictures of it~!
Nothing too fancy, just a 3rd gen G19, with reduction, finger humps removed, triggerguard undercut, and rounded, OEM "-" connector, smooth trigger, AmeriGlo I-Dots, Vickers Ext slide lock, and mag release, polished OEM barrel, and a ton of ammo through her.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i have a gen 2 g19 that was done the same way, great grip now. i like it better than my gen 2 g 22.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm curious why you polished the barrel? Was it just for asthetics? How does the G19 point after the reduction?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm not a fan of stippling or grip chops but I have to say very nicely done.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Grip / Lower work by Cold Bore Custom From a G34 to G19 chop + re-shaping and re-stippling

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm curious why you polished the barrel? Was it just for asthetics? How does the G19 point after the reduction?
The black oxide finish wears off after a while anyway. When it gets to a certain point I go ahead and remove the rest of it. Partly for asthetics, and partly because it makes cleaning the barrel easier. TXPO

·
5 year in with Glocks
612 Posts
I too would love to chop my 23 to a 27 grip. Let me know if you interested in doing more of that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Without a doubt, In my opinion you do the best work I've ever seen. Have you ever removed or filled in the tac rail on a glock? I prefer the look of a gen 1 and the baby glocks because of no tac rail.

One more thing; Ever do a front strap/backstrap only on a glock with similar effect of a 1911 with an aggressively checkered front/backstrap (such as a springfield TRP)? I like the side panels stock but would like to see more grip on these two areas.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nothing too fancy, just a 3rd gen G19, with reduction, finger humps removed, triggerguard undercut, and rounded, OEM "-" connector, smooth trigger, AmeriGlo I-Dots, Vickers Ext slide lock, and mag release, polished OEM barrel, and a ton of ammo through her.

I have to say, that may be the best looking G19 I've seen. Great work sir, you have some real talent!

·
Registered
260 Posts
One more thing; Ever do a front strap/backstrap only on a glock with similar effect of a 1911 with an aggressively checkered front/backstrap (such as a springfield TRP)? I like the side panels stock but would like to see more grip on these two areas.
I would like to see the same...1911-style. Stock sidepanels, with the front/backstrap checkered and the finger grooves removed. Patiently waiting.

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't have any current pictures of one done like that but it is easy to do. Replace the backstrap checkering with texturing and smooth out the fingerhumps and retexture that area. I haven't done a lot like that but I have done a few. That is the basic texturing package I offer. Next I do one I will make sure and take pictures. As far as the reduction goes, the texturing has to the be done to the back sides as a whole. Not really any clean way to do it otherwise. TXPO

1 - 20 of 26 Posts