Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What cheese do you use for a grilled cheese sammich? Usually I use Velveeta but I'm wonderin if Cheddar cheese would work good:headscratch:

·
Enslaved in IL
5,775 Posts
There is no wrong answer here okie. I like to use swiss, provelone, or american usually. My favorite is to butter one side of two pieces of bread and put them in a big frying pan with a pile of roast beef lunch meat or shaved ham. with ham I like swiss, with roasst beef anything. Put a piece of cheese on each piece of bread, when the meat is hot put it all together. Good eating and fast to make.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no wrong answer here okie. I like to use swiss, provelone, or american usually. My favorite is to butter one side of two pieces of bread and put them in a big frying pan with a pile of roast beef lunch meat or shaved ham. with ham I like swiss, with roasst beef anything. Put a piece of cheese on each piece of bread, when the meat is hot put it all together. Good eating and fast to make.
Cept you spelled Provolone wrong:embarassed::tongueout::supergrin:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
velveeta may not be cheese, but grilled with butter and garlic salt on the outside, and with or without bacon and jalapenos on the inside = yummy!

just sayin, ked':wavey:

·
'nuff said
16,574 Posts

Takes on the best melt consistancy.
Has good taste.
Works for me.

I like to use either honey wheat, whole wheat, or Italian White bread.
Spread butter on both sides of sammich and grill to golden brown. YUMMM.:eat:

Now I got to get fixin's to whip up some.
okie strikes again putting folks in temptation.:eek:kie::rofl:

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,874 Posts
Cheddar, Colby or Swiss on wheat bread. I use olive oil in stead of butter to brown the bread. It cuts down on the saturated fats.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
velveeta may not be cheese, but grilled with butter and garlic salt on the outside, and with or without bacon and jalapenos on the inside = yummy!

just sayin, ked':wavey:
Spot on there:eat:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I like all cheeses, but think that swiss or havarti are best for grilled cheese sandwiches. I like to use multi-grain bread, it doesn't get as soggy & it makes a heartier sandwich.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 139 Posts