close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griffin Classic III Feb.23-24

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by emtjr928, Feb 6, 2013.

  1. emtjr928

    emtjr928

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    McDonough, Ga.
    Griffin Classic III Feb.23-24
    Just a note to remind everyone about the upcoming GSSF Griffin Classic III coming up on Feb23-24. Last year this match was the second largest match of the year and we anticipate an equally large match this year. We have made improvements to the pistol bays since last year and the plan includes some additional stage set-ups.
    We are planning to have the match set up so that ROs shoot Friday afternoon. In addition there will be a dinner for the ROs on Saturday night. So, with that being said, we are still in need of ROs for the set up and both days of the match. Glen Webber is putting the schedule together and has sent an email to those who worked last year. If you would be available to work anytime during the match week, please give Glen an email giving your name, email address, the days that you will be available to work and your plans concerning Saturdays dinner.
    If you have any questions you may address them either to me or to Glen directly as he is doing all of the scheduling. Thank you for your help and I look forward to seeing you @ Griffin.

    Glen Webber: gwhokie@bellsouth.net
    Ed Taylor: emtjr928@charter.net
     
  2. emtjr928

    emtjr928

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    McDonough, Ga.
    Now that Orlando is in the rear view mirror, we have a fairly large match coming up in Griffin. Based on the first two matches of the year we are expecting another record crowd and we are planning accordingly. We have made improvements to the pistol bays and will have additional set ups of each stage to reduce the wait time for our competitors.
    The other piece of the puzzle will be an adequate staff of ROs!
    We still need volunteers to RO for slots from set up beginning Thursday 2/21 through the end of the match on Sun afternoon 2/24.

     

  3. emtjr928

    emtjr928

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    McDonough, Ga.
    Shot a club USPSA match tonight @ Griffin. We will be starting set up tomorrow. If the weather co-operates, ROs can shoot the match Friday PM. We should have plenty of stages prepared. If you would like to RO and have not done so please contact Glen Webber as he is finalizing the schedule.
    Now everybody get out your weather totems, burn your offerings and call in any outstanding favors so we can have the weather get it's act together and give all of us a good weekend for the match. Look forward to seeing everyone there.:wavey:
     
  4. Roadkill_751

    Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2005
    Messages:
    953
    Likes Received:
    42
    Location:
    North Georgia
    Hey Ed,

    I hope your match is successful and safe. Brittany and I won't be there this year due to my work schedule.

    Let me know what your numbers are, as we are in the planning stages for our match at River Bend in July.

    Take Care.:wavey:
     
  5. Melissa5

    Melissa5

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    Messages:
    1,713
    Likes Received:
    31
    Location:
    NE Georgia
    :crying:The Weather Channel is calling for a 90% chance of rain on Saturday.
     
  6. Mrs Glockrunner

    Mrs Glockrunner

    Joined:
    May 19, 2009
    Messages:
    4,358
    Likes Received:
    1,451
    Location:
    South Carolina
    I checked 'weather.com' just this morning and they were saying only a 10% chance of rain for Saturday, now it's 90%. Wish they would make up their minds. I'm thinking positive for the 10%. :whistling:
     
  7. SARDG

    SARDG

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    7,537
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Florida's Left Coast
    Hmmm... I maybe see plastic bags covering the D-1s in your future.
     
  8. Mrs Glockrunner

    Mrs Glockrunner

    Joined:
    May 19, 2009
    Messages:
    4,358
    Likes Received:
    1,451
    Location:
    South Carolina
    I just checked and it went from 90% to 80% for Saturday. Let's hope the percentage keeps dropping. :wow:
     
  9. lethal tupperwa

    lethal tupperwa

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2002
    Messages:
    9,465
    Likes Received:
    1,618
    Location:
    Virginia
    Friday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 46. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
    Saturday Showers. High near 58. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
    Saturday Night Showers likely before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
    Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.



    I can remember knee deep water at the plate racks in Jersey one year.

    We still had a good, though soggy time.
     
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  10. SARDG

    SARDG

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    7,537
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Florida's Left Coast
    Wouldn't keep me away. I've shot IDPA in the pouring rain, too.
     
  11. wilhelm51

    wilhelm51

    Joined:
    May 23, 2012
    Messages:
    280
    Likes Received:
    25
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    I sort of feel perverted but I think I'm looking forward to shooting on Saturday. I'm hoping everyone will show up on Sunday and I can be done by noon-ish on Saturday and on the road home to dry out.

    A couple of months ago I picked up some Lawman 124gr that I thought I would start shooting for matches. I think I'll leave it at home this trip.

    wilhelm
     
  12. mikey357

    mikey357 CLM

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2002
    Messages:
    1,011
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    Griffin, GA
    I'll be there, helping to run the SIDE MATCH...Stop in and say HI!....mikey357
     
  13. wilhelm51

    wilhelm51

    Joined:
    May 23, 2012
    Messages:
    280
    Likes Received:
    25
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    And the side match is?
     
  14. mikey357

    mikey357 CLM

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2002
    Messages:
    1,011
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    Griffin, GA
    Falling Plate Rack...$1 per Magazine UNLESS it's an EXTENDED Mag, then $2/Mag...Come on out and "Warm Up"! :) ....mikey357
     
  15. emtjr928

    emtjr928

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    McDonough, Ga.
    Well, A lot of work got done on Friday. We are over 90% ready.
    We have the following stages set up:

    Glock M -- 6
    5 to Glock--- 7
    Glock the Plates---4

    Warm up Bay Side Match with Plate rack and misc targets.

    Canopies and tents everywhere!
    Legend to Photo:
    Bay 1,2,3 - Glock M
    Bay 4 - Practice
    Bay 5 - 5 to Glock
    Bay 6 - 5 to Glock
    Bay 7 - Glock the Plates
    Bay 8 - 5 to Glock
    Bay 9 - Glock the Plates
    CH - Clubhouse



    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  16. lethal tupperwa

    lethal tupperwa

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2002
    Messages:
    9,465
    Likes Received:
    1,618
    Location:
    Virginia
    isn't this
    Friday 8:34 am right now?
     
  17. Don At PC

    Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 1998
    Messages:
    5,227
    Likes Received:
    8
    Location:
    USA
    Good luck everyone.
     
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  18. SARDG

    SARDG

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    7,537
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Florida's Left Coast
    :phew: I thought I lost a whole day somewhere. At my age I need every one of those...
     
  19. emtjr928

    emtjr928

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    McDonough, Ga.
    My Bad,,,, It WAS Friday when I posted this!!!
    :dunno::faint:

    We got to shoot Quite a few ROs today. Looking forward to a good weekend with continually improving weather! :supergrin:

    Come on out for some "Fun with your Gun (Glock of course)

    Still no 22lr rifle division.:crying::wavey:
     
  20. mikey357

    mikey357 CLM

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2002
    Messages:
    1,011
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    Griffin, GA
    You didn't really SHOOT any RO's, didja'? If so, PLEASE tell me WHAT they did, so I don't commit the SAME OFFENSE! LOL!... :) ....mikey357