close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grief, deafness, or just plain annoying?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by BikerGoddess, Nov 16, 2004.

1. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

Ever since her brother died, my cat has been constantly howling. I mean every few minutes and loudly. She's getting hoarse from it.

Sometimes I can get her to stop by looking at me, but not only is that extremely time consuming, I can't do it while I sleep. She's old and overweight, and has a limp from an infection in her joint, so it's hard for her to follow me around, especially on the stairs.

I thought if I could get her attention, I wouldn't have to climb the stairs every 5 minutes, but she won't look at me unless I move into her line of sight. Sometimes I can startle her just by walking up, but not always. She totally ignores clapping or yelling or other noises.

I'm kinda at a loss and she's driving me crazy...

Laura

2. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

That's a tough one. Is it possible that she's picking up on your grief over your brother's death? Some animals are very intuitive about their human's emotions.

3. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

It was her brother who died. I ended up shutting her in a room last night so I could get some sleep...

Laura

4. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

Sorry, read too fast. I'd say she's missing her brother.