Glock Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks
I just wanted to say hello and explain that for years and years I've been a BIG fan of 1911-style .45s until something happened recently...
A close relative of mine passed away and as a result I inherited a Glock 17 and a Glock 30.
I found both of these pistols to be extraordinarily shootable from the get-go. What's more, as a 1911 fan who carries an officer's model, the G30 was a revelation!
I am currently doing everything I can to prevent myself from buying more Glock 30s and assorted other Glock stuff. This is all I need, ANOTHER favorite handgun!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating on this board. I wanted to ask a question: Is there a search function so I can find specific threads? I can't find it...
Thanks very much everyone
KH

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Welcome! I'm a big fan of the 1911 also. I have a Series 70 and a Defender. I'm now carrying a Glock 30S. You may want to check one of those out. 10 +1 and reasonably to conceal.

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,810 Posts
Enjoy GT.............:welcome:

Search ~ click the three bars to the right of Articles if you don't see the word search - top center

·
Life is good
3,133 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Welcome to GT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks so much for your replies, everybody!

Pipedreams, thanks for guiding me to the search function. It's pretty hard to find, being right up there at the top of the page in the main navigation ;) !

IL26 and Fatduk1963, how do you carry the G30? IWB? OWB? I can see the advantage of the 30S for concealment... but I also like how the 30 soaks up recoil. Much more pleasant to shoot than my RIA CS Officer's Model... more firepower too!

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I use a belly band, or my advanced tactical bag . I carry a g30 . I am now on oxygen 24/7, I keep my inhaler and medical things in my tac bag . Everyone stairs at my oxygen tank. Not my bag, I could walk around with a laws rocket and nobody would notice. Patti's EDC is a G30 sf

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.