Glock Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Now in my 50's and taking up shooting for defense and potentially competition. While I've owned a Dan Wesson .38/.357 pistol pack for 30 years for home defense, I focused more on studying Shotokan and Doce Pares rather than how to use a pistol. Now, with 1) violent crime escalating in my area, 2) police budgets and responsiveness declining, and 3) socioeconomic and racial tensions escalating, being able to protect my family and property is an increased priority.

After a fair amount of research, I just bought a Glock 26 Gen 4 and am pursuing my Concealed Carry permit.

Growing up in the 60's and 70's, I can remember a number of occasions where my father prevented the robbery of our home or car, and once stopped an attempted rape of a tenant. And that's in a good neighborhood. He held the guys for the police. I can't recall him ever feeling like the police were a threat to him. Now, I'm not as clear how this would play out. Fate favors the prepared. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Welcome to GT.

·
Life is good
3,133 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.