close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Greetings and a question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by KevinFACE, Feb 24, 2010.

1. KevinFACE

KevinFACE

Greetings ladies and gents alike,

I have been lurking here for a while.. just registered not too long ago and I have come to see that with the exception of a few asshats (like on any forum) it's a mostly fantastic place to hang out and discuss various topics and discuss what we all (hopefully) really love, Glocks. (No offense meant in anything said above, I really like this place and want to stay :)

A little bit about myself, I'm relatively new to firearms as an adult, I shot a few here and there as a kid (about 12 or so years old) but didn't until this year after that. But reading this and other forums and doing some research on my own for various state laws I have learned a TON. I go to get my CHL at the end of this week (I live in the Dallas area of Texas by the way) and I hope I do well, I think I will as I've been hitting the range once or twice a week to get as proficient as possible as quick as possible before my qualification. I use a Glock 21 (non-SF) for general range shooting, and this will also be my weapon that I qualify on. I will be (when licensed) carrying a Glock 30 SF, (I LOVE BOTH of my Glocks by the way). The first gun I bought this year was an LSI BUL Cherokee Compact 9mm, but I quickly tossed it to the side on a trade in for my G30SF due to FTRTB and other cycling issues.. I got only $100 less than what I paid for it on trade in, made for a much cheaper buy on my G30 SF... so that made me happy.

Anyway enough of my rambling and onto my question and it's a relatively simple one I hope someone can answer as I have not been able to find it myself.

The question:

I know it's not legal to ship a firearm from one person to another across state lines, but does that same rule apply to ammunition?

I have a police officer relative that is having trouble getting a hold of Hydra-Shok in his area, he is not computer savvy and I found some for him online, and had it sent to me.. so I would like to send it to him, if I can't I can take it up there next time I go visit (only 4 hours away) but in the mean time I was curious to know if I could ship it UPS ground like it was sent to me from the dealer.

Anyway greetings to all, I hope to be able contribute to this forum and continue to read as I have been.

Thank you all!