close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Green Lasers

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by ricklee4570, Mar 19, 2010.

1. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Which is considered better, the Viridian Green Lasers or the Lasermax Uni-Max Green Lasers for the Glocks?

I know it is probably a matter of opinion, but Im curious as to the pros and cons between the two.

2. sbhaven

sbhaven

I've got several Viridian lasers (one for the Glock) and like them. I've never used a Lasermax laser so I cannot comment on their use and quality. The Viridians are larger than the Lasermax Uni-Max Green Laser due to the use of the CR2 battery. One thing I like about the Viridian is there are four beam modes, several pulsing and one solid. And when mounted it is very easy to turn on and off. I don't know about the battery life on the Lasermax Uni-Max Green Laser but on the Viridian they claimed it lasts for four or so hours when on the solid beam and 7 on the slowest pulsing beam. I've used it on an outdoor range and at 10 yards the beam point was visible in sunlight. One thing to note however is that if you want to carry with a rail laser you will need a holster that will accommodate it. Using a guide rod laser will allow one to use their existing holster to carry.

This is what the Viridian looks like on a Glock 17 and P22.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010

3. Glock.23

Glock.23

My only question is what you intend to use this for?

4. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Thanks for the pictures. The Viridian is considerably larger that the Uni-Max.

I will be using it on my nightstand gun, and also as a fun plinker/target shooter at an outdoor range (where the red lasers aren't as visible)

5. sbhaven

sbhaven

Viridian also makes a green laser tactical light version as well. It should fit on any handgun with a rail.

Depending on how much particulate matter if floating around in the air, you could see the laser beam and hence the bad guy could see where it's coming from. People debate endlessly about how effective a laser is on a firearm in a tactical environment. Its an enhancement, but one should train both with the laser and without for maximum effectiveness.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010