close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Green Laser Pointer, Leadlight high-spec unit **SOLD**

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Subhadar, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Subhadar

Subhadar

____SOLD_____
    Green Laser pointer, manufactured by Leadlight. This is not your ordinary class IIIa <5mW laser pointer, even though the sticker on it says so. I bought this pointer as a high-spec unit that has a greater output due to better crystal efficiancy. I have tested it's output on a Coherent Lasercheck laser power meter.

It's green beam is clearly visible at night and indoors under low-light conditions. I have many pictures of this unit in action, they will speak for themselves. All the pictures are normal exposure time, taken with an Olympus D-580 digital camera.

Bought this unit at http://www.megalaser.com/20.htm
    Payed $300 for it, they gave me a decent ($49) discount. ----------------SOLD-------------- shipped via USPS priority mail with insurance to continental US. (I need money to fund a G-17 purchase!)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  2. Subhadar

Subhadar

Comes with everything you see in this picture. Case, 2 X AAA batteries, box.

3. Subhadar

Subhadar

Picture of green and red dots compares power of brightest available red laser pointer (635nm wavelength) to the Leadlight green laser for sale here (532nm). The dot from the green pointer is actually smaller and sharper than the red, but its extreme brightness causes the camera image to "bloom".

Also notice that the entire room, which was fairly dark, is now glowing green! This thing works like a flashlight in the darkness, it lights up the entire room with a bright green light.

4. Subhadar

Subhadar

Outdoor beam shot was taken at night. Notice the visibility of the beam even with the street light causing so much light polution.

5. Subhadar

Subhadar

This was taken indoors during the day, with the lights off and door closed in a fairly dark room.

6. Subhadar

Subhadar

7. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

Just out of curiosity, what the hell are these used for?

8. Subhadar

Subhadar

well they really have no other practical purpose other than as "pointers" but these green ones are a whole lot of fun when you start getting into the higher power ranges. I have one that can cut black electrical tape, burn holes in 16 layers of black plastic trash bags and sting the heck out of your skin if it's within a few feet. besided, it's pretty neat to be able to go outside at night and shoot a green beam 6 miles into the sky (watch out for those planes!!!) that is easily visible to anyone.

Other REALLY powerful models (>150mW) can put holes in plastic cups, light fireworks fuses, burn most anything that is black or red and blind you very easily.