Green laser/light combo for M4?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Pecos Bill 1911, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Pecos Bill 1911

Pecos Bill 1911 Yippi-kai-yah!

I am wanting to get a laser/light combo for my CQB M4, and am looking at the Viridian X5L-RS.

http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/x5l-rs-laser-sight

I would probably purchase from Amazon or Optics Planet. Does anyone have one of these, or have something similar and better? Thanks for the info.

Best Wishes! Pecos Bill out.

2. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

That sure does look nice!!

DH

3. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

I'm not a fan of lasers for most uses on ARs, and I'm definitely not a fan of combined light/laser units. If that unit fails, you're down both a light and a laser. Plus, since the laser is offset on the Viridian unit, there's no way to center the beam directly above or below the bore, which will complicate zeroing it, and will complicate holds if you set the beam parallel to the bore instead of zeroing it.

4. Pecos Bill 1911

Pecos Bill 1911 Yippi-kai-yah!

Do you have experience using lasers, lights, or combo units on long guns? Most folks that use a laser , light, or combo unit typically carry extra batteries. In a CQB application, I am not expecting pin-point accurrary from my laser, but have an Aimpoint ML4s for most targets. I would mount my laser/light combo on the left side rail, since I like to use a forward grip (Tango Down QD). I became interested after watching the following NRA video on youtube.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7QFm3oLD8Q"]Why Choose a Green Laser? - YouTube[/ame]
    Best Wishes! Pecos Bill out.

5. JimD303

JimD303

I'd wait for the streamlight TLR-2G, personally.

6. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

I want a green laser for no other reason that I want one. I just can't convince myself to part with the $$$ for something I wouldn't use over twice.