Greeley 2004 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Aug 22, 2004.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories here.:cool:

2. LOCHFAL

LOCHFAL Millennium Member

The four of us were there today from about 10:30 till nearly 3:00. The new scoring system seems pretty cool. Things seemed to run really slow though, not sure if it's due to the new system or just running slow. Didn't seem to be many waiting ahead of us but still took forever to get to shoot. Hope it improves next year.

3. cmzneb

cmzneb

Had a good time at Greeley..... But it was SLOW Sunday!!!!!!

Maybe I just was spoiled by shooting two guns at all of the stages in St. Paul in less than 1 1/2 hours. Greeley took 4+ hours.

I waited almost two hours for the first stage at Greeley, and I was in the first group of people there that signed up!!!!!

THE PROBLEMS:
    1) There needs to be 1 (Repeat ONE) RO who is in charge of the sign up sheets and getting people into squads/on deck, etc... (nobody was leading the sign in sheets at Five To Glock when I was there, and the confusion was quite obvious)

2) Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez people LISTEN when the GSSF staff explains how the sign up system works. There were more people who showed up later, and were crying and whining ;1 about why they weren't being called up to shoot. I'm no expert at this GSSF stuff, but I listened and understand how the system works pretty easily.

I would also like to add that there were alot of really great guys RO'ing at the Greeley match. Very friendly and very helpful!

All in all.... I would say another great event put on by GSSF!:)

4. DP177

DP177

Well, It was a last minute trip for me and a friend but I'm very glad we went.

We shot Saturday morning and the match went smooth for us. I think we spent more time in the two Cabela's stores between Minnesota and Colorado then we actually spent time shooting the match.

The PDA's were in use. Boy, I like having that print out as I walk away.

I messed up my stock run when I had a jam. After clearing it I shot a 'D' and two other 'C' hits on that string alone. (I know, I should have been using factory ammo) ;Q After that, stock went down hill.

At one of the stages it wasn't busy at all and I saw an RO just look around and ask, "Who's ready to shoot" instead of calling names off of the sign-up sheet for a squad. Unfortunately the group I was with was just walking up and we heard the RO so we gave him our cards. Well two others that were sitting there didn't hear him. So when we started getting ready to shoot they were kinda looking around like, what happened. When I saw this we let them shoot before our group. I'm not trying to flame the RO I'm just telling this part to point out that even if there aren't people lined up 10 deep waiting to shoot the RO's gotta stick to the system and what I should have done was to ask the RO if he had already called off names instead of just giving him my card and saying, "We're ready."

Speaking of the RO's...This is a fun bunch!!! Obviously I'm a long ways from home when shooting this match but these guys make me feel right at home. If my family can come with next year I think we'll make it a family vacation and I can RO one of the two days. I'ld like to join this group of RO's for a day.

I heard someone say they were going to be short RO's Sunday. So I hope Sunday went as smooth as Saturday morning.

Hope the other members of Team CARVER Mounts arrived safely and shot well. GO TEAM!! Sorry, I couldn't shoot with you Sunday but I had to turn right around and get home.

I had a blast! Can't wait for next year.
    DP177

5. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Doug and I got back in about midnight Sunday after another great trip to Greeley. This is a good match, great ROs, with a fun attitude.
    The match moved a little slow, but nothing excessive. There were a lot of new first time shooters. We started at 9:00AM and finished about 1:00PM. We had the opportunity to talk to several new shooters and hopefully help them out. I know it wasn't that long ago that we were learning from others. (and still do) That is part of what makes GSSF shooting so great.
    We met up with another team member Al Simpler (sorry we missed you Dwight) and had a good time talking, watching, and shooting.
    We are already planning next years trip. Our "Thanks" to all of you in Greeley and the Glock Staff.
    Go Team CARVER Mounts!!!
    See ya'll in Conyers.

Bill

6. FireCop-G19

FireCop-G19

My buddy and I shot first thing Saturday morning. Aside form the RO's getting use to the new scoring sustem, we started shooting at 9am and were done at 11am! I had what was probably my best run on the plates except for one string. Shooting my G17 in Am Civ, I had a 3.94, a 3.52, and a 4.44. Then I must have been looking at the sky or something, cause I had a 7.74 string!! URGH!

Oh well, other than that, I shot a good match, and was pleased with the results. Still had a good time. This is my home range for IPSC matchs, so it's always fun to hang out with the guys that I shoot with all the time.

Good job guys!!

7. goneglocken

goneglocken

Myself and shooting partner came from South Dakota arriving in Greeley and shot on Sunday also. In previous years we always shot on Saturday, then determined the crowds were usually lighter on Sunday. Not so this match. One RO stated they had 3 1/2 pages of shooters on Saturday and were filling in the fifth sighn up sheet at Glock M when I was talking to him. It was a long day... We arrived around 9am and did not finish with shooting 7 guns between the two of us till around 4pm. Good time was had, but I believe the stage waits added to my poor hits. By the time I shot the M, I was ready to get out of the range (poor excuse, I know). Jeff

8. cmzneb

cmzneb

Preliminary results are up! :)

9. FireCop-G19

FireCop-G19

Hmmmm, 9th! I finally placed in the top ten "A" class!! Well, for now anyways ;a I am very happy with that!!

10. brass shower

brass shower Millennium Member

Alright 10th! I can live with that. I was there representin' the 10mm with my Doubletap ammo T-shirt & molon labe cap. The new system they have looks interesting. I do like having the receipts to compare with the online results. RO's were friendly and we had a great time.