GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Slacked jawed
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on this "Buy Only American Made" kick right now. Can anyone suggest an good fixed and folder knives made in the good old USA.

There is the Ka-bar, but the sheath is imported, and most of the folders are made in Tiawan.

Kershaw

Ontario

ESEE

Most Buck knives

Benchmade

Are there any other makers. I'm looking for a good 5 to 7 inch fixed blade for camping, and SHTF

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hit gunbroker.com and search for schrade under the knife listings. They still have older models for reasonable prices.
Certain Buck models are still USA made.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Emerson and Strider are about the only two mass produced folding knife companies I'd ever give my money to. Of course, there are dozens of talented knife smith's out there that create useful works of art. They're not really my thing since I tend to beat up my knives.

I'm actually very intrigued by the Winkler knives link. He looks like he does some very nice work. But once again, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking something like that out of a display case.

As far as wanting a 5-7" blade for a folding knife for camping purposes, I think that's a bit too big (for a folder). Generally I prefer to stick in the 3.5-4" range for camping. Actually, I think 5-7" for any folder is big. Once you hit that size, it seems you're better off carrying a sheath knife.

Don't forget Grayman knives, either. They're large, crude, and stand up to just about anything. I think he is working on a folder.

·
Banned
5,143 Posts
I am huge fan of the ESEE knives. These knives are great and have a lifetime no questions asked warantee.

snakeman
+1. My ESEE knife is so nice, I don't ever use it.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Kershaw will give you the best bang for your buck. You can get a pretty decent knife for around 20-30$ online

·
Señor Mombo
2,853 Posts
Support your local knife smith !!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts