Grayman Knives

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by g21owner, Oct 7, 2010.

1. g21owner

g21owner

So I've been meaning to do this for a while but I haven't had the chance. I won the Grayman Knife Giveaway (thanks again guys:wavey:) and I wanted to tell you guys how I like it.

First off, I consider this thing the "Glock" of knives. It's big, heavy, and not the prettiest thing I've seen but it means business.

This isn't something you baby and keep clean, it's meant to be abused. Now I haven't used this to it's full potential yet but I have whacked a few logs with it and it keeps it's edge extremely well. The edge is rough (you do not want to shave with this thing) but I don't think its meant to be sharp. It's more of a small machete.

I have complete confidence that I could not break this knife, it's well made and you can feel the quality.

So all in all I think this knife is awesome and I would definately suggest that you guys check them out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

I was looking at there stuff an it looks nice. But I like this one better.
    [​IMG]

3. g21owner

g21owner

Size Comparison

[​IMG]

4. g21owner

g21owner

Thats a sweet looking blade. I like the agressiveness of it.

5. heitzoflearning

heitzoflearning

Thats alot of recurve. How thick is the blade?

6. g21owner

g21owner

From their site

The edge is single bevel ground (ground on one side only) for superior strength, aggressive cutting ability, and ease of sharpening. Each knife is 100% made in the United States from tough 1095 High Carbon 1/4" thick steel. Slight variations occur, making each knife unique. Shipped with a kydex sheath (click to view). 7.5" x 2" x 1/4" blade, 13.5 overall. Warrior 5.5 has a 5.5"x 2" blade, Warrior 3.5 has a 3.5" x 1.25" blade.

7. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

I still don't like you.'08. :tongueout:

8. g21owner

g21owner

9. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Congrats.

I still hates you though.'08. :whistling:

10. Truffle8Shuffle

Truffle8Shuffle

Congrats on the win. I can't wait until I can afford to get one of these.

11. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

looks like a rugged blade . go check out bladeforums , it seems im always buying a knife from there . i have bout 50 knives from makers over there . wife only knows about 25 :whistling::whistling:

12. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

I like the fact that it looks like with just a little aid, (like a good heavy stick) you could cut just about anything you wanted to in half.

13. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

Beautiful knife! Congrats on winning!

14. CBennett

CBennett

im crying I thought id have won(im someone that has NEVER won anything lol so just kidding when I enter something I know up front im wasting my time lol) ,,congrats someday I need to get a nice knife like that...the 2 best ones I have are a old WWII knife(I think its a supply knife for opening crates lol but for $3 at a yard sale I could not pass) and a Gerber Parabellum.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  15. RichJ

RichJ

There's no reason to have a 1/4" thick blade unless it is just schity steel.

I bet that thing weighs a ton, and you already said it doesn't have a good edge. So what's good about it other than it can chop good and it was free?

16. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

If you ever have to cut a vehicle or aircraft open or hack up a door, that thick blade might be handy. Thin knives can bend. No matter how strong the steel, "more is better" in some cases and for a heavy field knife they have their purposes.

I've bought 2 Suenamis and have a third of my own. He makes one hell of a product.

17. g21owner

g21owner

Believe me, I'm trying to be subjective as possible. I'm trying not to be biased. Am I going to carry this thing w/ me everyday? No. What I will do though, is strap it to a BOB and keep it close by incase SHTF. Take it on hikes and camping trips, also.

From my understanding these knives were originally made for military only. I think he designed it so it could be "all purpose". Hacking, chopping, prying, and digging. According to this article http://www.tactical-life.com/online/tactical-knives/grayman-knives/ some were using it to breach doors. If I were military, I'd want the strongest tool available.

Also, IIRC 1095 steel is pretty good but I'm not a knife connoisseur by any means so I could be wrong. YMMV