Grand Power Stribog SP9A1 9mm pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by GLD1980, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Master Guns

Master Guns

I wonder why they made the single with a stronger Lb spring? Anyone have any ideas?

2. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

The new MAC video is weird. He sorta sheepishly admits the syntech ammo which I assume he got free as a product placement was a problem. Then he fired 500 rounds to prove the Stribog works but uses the previous generation that has a different recoil spring system.

3. Master Guns

Master Guns

The Federal ammo is fine. Nothing wrong with Federal ammo. A lot of QC goes on there.

4. DrewBone

DrewBone

This is what you get for buying silly large format pistol caliber pistols that are essentially neutered afterthoughts derived from existing F/A designs that are only in existance to placate frustrated armchair commandos here in the US who can't afford a B&T...

Hahahahahaha!!! :animlol:Just kidding!!!

(though my rifle caliber pistols for some reason have none of these teething issues (hint-hint)) ;)

5. GLD1980

GLD1980

I pick up my SA Saint Edge Pistol on the 21st. Cant wait.

Man if anybody thinks things are heating up here check out the ARFCOM page. Apparently JARO, the CEO of Grand Power got butthurt by the video and issued a rash response on the Stribog Facebook page which I'm hoping we get some elaboration on soon but it sounds like ****e.... Hopefully Grand Power is G2G and not 1 hit wonder lol.

6. DrewBone

DrewBone

I hope things work out well for you and the Saint pistol! I've been pondering getting either the Rattler or a 9" Virtus upper in 300 AAC BLK for a pistol build as I'm really liking SIG's piston buffertube-less design for reasons of length savings and their ability to afford me a pistol that can be operated with (or without) a simple brace attached, in it's folded or extended position.

I was indeed over at arfcom yesterday regarding the Stribog for my own informational purposes, and it was quite interesting to see things initially so positive, then go downhill around page 24 or so of a thread...it was like seeing happy campers suddenly getting their tents blown over by a sudden squall in the middle of the night! I don't do Facebook and don't care for MAC or other reviews, but did read the commentary regarding both entities. And even though I'm not fond of large format pistol caliber pistols or pistol caliber carbines, I still don't like seeing or hearing about issues that end up having negative effects on current and potential firearm owners. I suppose though that this gives credence to the thought of holding off on getting the latest and greatest, allowing a respectable volume of water to flow under the new bridge before trusting the stability of it's pylons to allow stable and safe passage...

On that note I hope that the current Stribog issues will be properly and promptly addressed and resolved to the complete pleasure of their owners, not to mention the importer, so that future episodes like this can be avoided.

:cheers:

7. GLD1980

GLD1980

JointStatementFromGlobalandGrandPower-1159480.jpg
    Thanks and I appreciate it. Good luck as well with your builds and choices. The ARFCOM group is to Hooah for even me. There's so many poopy faces it's hilarious but also a great amount of feedback but hey.
    Global Ordnance issued a statement. Very fast thank goodness. Hopefully the Stribog ends up a keeper. We all know how that goes.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    pgg00 and DrewBone like this.
  8. DrewBone

DrewBone

Thanks for the well wishes and for sharing the above letter! The internet can be both a blessing and a curse at times, eh...

And yeah, I know how easily frothed at the mouth some folks can get over there at arfcom, but the commentary and the often ensuing entertainment can be off the hook! I haven't deliberately visited there in recent years, other than during a fact-finding mission and a hyperlink unknowingly directs me there, usually to an archived thread. Take care :D

GLD1980 likes this.
  9. MD357

MD357

Seems like they are on top of the issue, kudos to Mac for doing a second vid.

GLD1980 likes this.
  10. Master Guns

Master Guns

11. pgg00

pgg00

If you do, send one my way. I'm in the PNW :D

GLD1980 likes this.
  12. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

Not a fan of anything with a wrist stock. Even if you can shoulder it.

13. GLD1980

GLD1980

I felt the same way and along came Maxim Defense and made me change my mind. I plan on putting the Dan Haga ACR stock with tailhook on this if I keep it a pistol and possibly doing the paperwork to sbr it.