Graham might be on to something

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by oldandtreacherous, Mar 15, 2017.

1. oldandtreacherous

oldandtreacherous

He's obviously not the first to say so, but as this healthcare reform devolves to a degree I didn't think imaginable, Graham thinks either ink a killer bill or throw up their hands and let it collapse so the Dems will be under pressure to contribute to the next plan and Republicans won't own the whole thing. Just say we're unable to do this with absolutely no Democrat input and put it back on them.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/l...are-plan-collapse-and-replace/article/2617429

2. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

Krauthammer suggested making a near perfect conservative bill, pass it in the house, make the senate Dems block it, when Obamacare implodes, hang it all around the democrats neck.

3. oldandtreacherous

oldandtreacherous

^^^^
    Starting to look like the better route to take. Need to move on to other things before all the momentum evaporates.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  4. wnr700

wnr700

Trump should demand a bipartisan council of House, Senate, doctors, insurance companies.

I don't care if it takes two years.

Ryan Plan is as bad as the O'care.

5. AzItLies

AzItLies

Potentially millions and millions and millions (compared to now) without health insurance.

That's a lot of possible dead people.

6. JFrame

JFrame

We shouldn't confuse having health care coverage with receiving good health care.

7. AzItLies

AzItLies

Agree. Although some would argue what "good health care" actually is...

glockzilla10mm and Paul53 like this.
  8. Kablam

Kablam

Oh please...

9. Kablam

Kablam

Sounds like a good idea if we had more than a few conservatives in the congress. The GOP does NOT want a conservative approach...the progressive majority of the GOP wants to control health insurance for some stupid reason. Big .gov rules in the GOP.

10. JFrame

JFrame

We could start with veterans as a baseline. They receive universal government-run health care. I'd be interested how veterans currently rate the overall service received by the V.A.

And then there's the case of this Nebraska woman who lost her Obamacare coverage three times. It's kind of like that Seinfeld episode about renting a car -- "You know how to make health care coverage. You just don't know how to sustain health care coverage."

http://dailysignal.com/2015/02/17/one-nebraska-woman-lost-health-insurance-three-times-obamacare/

Kablam likes this.
  11. oldandtreacherous

oldandtreacherous

Will be largely due to younger healthy Americans voluntarily doing without health care once they're no longer forced to enroll under Ocare. No different than before. No one should be forced to have healthcare any more than they should be prohibited from drinking a Mountain Dew or smoking. We have a right to be foolish if we so choose.

12. crockett

crockett

I see big pharma, the medical field and the insurances as the main problem. $20,000 for a simple CT, rigged insurer and triple drug costs have to stop.

13. W??G

W??G

No matter what the republicans do, MSM is gonna blame them for everything (price increases, dropped coverage, etc) even though this mess was created by obama and the dem's. If republicans don't do anything, it's President Trumps fault. If republicans pass conservative plan like Krauthammer suggests, and it fails to pass, it's still President Trumps fault. This is a no win situation. During the election I felt like Trump was digging a hole by promising to repeal and replace.

White house communication team should be doing a better job pinning this whole mess on the Democrats that supported ACA. Not a single republican voted for the damn monstrosity, yet they're the ones that will be blamed. Every time a republican does a T.V. interview they need to remind the public of this fact. Conservative propaganda needs to up their game, they are light years behind the progressive propaganda machine.

I don't understand why we don't go back to what we had before ACA... Tort reform, end pharmaceutical price gouging, and open up competition across state lines... I realize I'm over simplifying things, but that seems like a good place to start.

14. Kablam

Kablam

How I wish Trump was a conservative. Perfect time to jam the GOP. GOP passes Ryancare and Trump vetoes it. I know. I can dream though can't I?

15. Deltic

Deltic

Why do have a one size fits all federal policy in the first place? Let the states decide. The more plans the states try the more information we get on what works or fails.

16. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

Congressmen don't complain about their health care. It wasn't so complicated that they couldn't figure out what they wanted.
    Why can't citizens have the same plan?

17. AzItLies

AzItLies

"No different than before" means higher prices also, just like before. means millions won't be able to afford the 'just like before' premiums either.

We'll be going backwards, not finding ways to fix and go forwards.

18. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

19. oldandtreacherous

oldandtreacherous

I hear you AzItLies, but we can't wind up like Greece either. Allowing interstate competition, purchasing drugs from Canada, etc., will help but there's no cure that covers everyone in every circumstance. Can't be done without the whole country going belly up financially.

nursetim and Paul53 like this.
  20. ked

ked

make congress abide by the same rules that they make up play by.

problem solved!

hogship, glockzilla10mm and nursetim like this.