Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several delays and setbacks at the academy due to the virus, and one very long month of OJT at our assigned facilities, I (and 136 others at various other facilities) was sworn in today. My facility put on an amazing graduation ceremony for us, which wasn’t even necessary as it would have been done at the academy, but ya know, Corona.

We had the honor of being pinned by one of our academy instructors who has spent every one of his 35 years at my facility. It was a humbling experience, and I’m sure I wasn’t the only one to not choke back a tear or two while shaking the Wardens hand and receiving our shields.

72F172EF-6BE3-476A-BFDC-39A9136C9B05.jpeg

·
NRA Life Member
29,340 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
bene vivere
2,127 Posts
Congratulations and best wishes for a rewarding career! :flag::eagle:

Reactions: R9S19

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nice job, stay safe!

·
Registered
43,617 Posts
Congrats.

Be safe!

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,631 Posts
Congrats rookie.

Reactions: pgg00 and R9S19

·
Registered
27,988 Posts
Congratulations; enjoy it for as long as you can, the new wears off after a while....
A while? :)

Congrats OP.. just hang in there and keep your head on a swivel. That first year is the hardest, IMO.

·
SAF
10,614 Posts
Congratulations, best wishes for a good, and safe, career. It's a job most of us couldn't do.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Congratulaions.
Work safe, be a man of integrity and keep your eyes and ears open.
I hope you have a long, fulfilling career.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Congratulations .

My nephew works for the Department of Corrections and he loves his job . He has received a few promotions in a short period of time .

I hope you like your job as much as he does . Stay positive and willing to take on anything .

1 - 20 of 68 Posts