Grab A Gun

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dcc65, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dcc65

Dcc65 State of Jefferson Resident

This question may have been brought up on this forum before, but I'm not sure.
    Has anyone ever dealt with or purchased a gun from grab A gun before?
    I placed an order with them this past Friday for a s&w shield 9mm.
    They had the best price I could find anywhere and pretty reasonable shipping.
    However after placing the order and receiving a confirmation email, I started checking some reviews online about the company and found some pretty negative feedback. Just wondering if anyone on here has had any dealings with them and if so, how did the experience turn out for you? Any input would be helpful, thanks.

2. crockett

crockett

Never heard of them. A quick search revaled 4.5 starts with Google but on ResellerRatings they took a hit lately.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/GrabAGun

Looks kinda like Buds. Cheap prices, lagging shipping and customer service.

I'd give them 1 week to ship the gun, after that I'd call. If that goes nowhere: credit card chargeback claim.

You get what you pay for.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    Danelizer likes this.

3. Dcc65

Yeah I agree, you would think at my age I'd have learned by now, if something sounds to good to be true, it probably is. I just can't believe how much the local shops and even bigger sporting goods stores are getting for the shield anymore. In my local area the cheapest is 439.00 up to 509.00

dp509 likes this.
  4. itsobe

itsobe

I recently purchased my glock 30s from GrabAGun. Great Price's and quick delivery. I had e-mail them about tracing number and Greg promptly answered. Will recommend and buy from them again.

dp509 likes this.
  5. Smokey77

Smokey77

I have bought two guns, several magazines and ammo from Grab A Gun. I have had no problems. Delivery time is 7 to 10 days. You can easily track the purchase by whatever mail provider they muse.

Dcc65 likes this.
  6. Dcc65

T

7. Dcc65

Thanks, that puts my mind at ease to some degree. I suppose the negative reviews online come from people that had problems due to one glitch or another. I usually try to research the hell out of any company that I do business online with, but in this case I didn't put in the time. Hopefully my experience goes as smoothly as yours did. Thanks for the input.

8. Jamie Haley

Jamie Haley

Would you mind telling us what all you spent on it? Including shipping?

I had recently gotten a S&W Shield 9mm (with safety) at a gun show for around $349 -- around 4 months ago. That matched PSA's online price. Though I had to pay tax at the gun show (so that made the total about $380), I figured that the tax would sorta offset the FFL transfer fee if I had bought from PSA (I don't remember if PSA offered free shipping at the time, but I think they did). Also, at the gun show I could actually feel the gun in my hand.

The gun show also had other Shields with night sights (with no safety) for maybe around $80 more, if I remember right.

I'm sorta expecting the prices to go a little bit lower ... maybe during the summer.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  9. Dcc65

Grab a Gun's price was 368.00 plus 7.99 shipping
    And since I live in behind enemy lines (commiefornia) I'm forced to buy the model with the safety and and mag. Disconnect. Plus once it shows up at my local ffl. I have to pay the 25.00 background check fee and wait 10 days before I can take delivery. Still by buying this way I was able to save around 40.00 dollars over buying it locally. I already have a shield in .40 s&w so I'm familiar with and like the size and feel of the model.

Jamie Haley likes this.
  10. Dcc65

Hey Jamie if you don't mind, what part of the country do you hail from? 349.00 is a great price. At least for my neck of the woods.

11. Jamie Haley

Jamie Haley

I live down here in the Republic of Texas.

Aside: I'm also assuming that your S&W Shield will cost more due to the magazine disconnect/safety, which my Shield doesn't have (and which I most certainly don't want).

12. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

This is the only thing I've ever heard about Grab A Gun:

13. Dcc65

Well hell, I wish I was in Texas or just about any other Free state. at least I'm in far Northern California where it's still somewhat Free and rural. Up in the northern part of the state we have 2nd amendment friendly sheriff's and law enforcement. Unfortunately the dip **** bay area and L.A. area politician's get all of they're a anti gun law's passed and we suffer in the rest of the state because of them.

GunTotinMama and Jamie Haley like this.
  14. Dcc65

Yeah I've watched the yank me Marshalls video about grab A gun a couple of years ago. I used to like and subscribe to his channel, but once he posted the video talking crap about Chris Kyle and his widow I pretty much wrote Him off as a **** disturber.

GunTotinMama, March817 and sigmanx like this.
  15. Glock 23 Nutter

Glock 23 Nutter

Have used them on two occasions.

Great prices and fast, trouble-free service.

Will use them again.

GR

16. Dcc65

Thanks gr
    By the way thats an awesome profile name and pic. Had to read it a couple of times before I got it, but it's late and I've had a couple of bud lights.

17. Mister-B

Mister-B

That guy is a clown. Watched one of his videos a while back, and literally couldn't stomach it.

I bought a Sig from Grab a Gun, and they were great to deal with. Everything went without a problem whatsoever.

18. March817

March817

I've bought quite a few firearms from Grabagun. No problems, so I'll continue to give them my business in the future. I got my G17L from them just last Dec.

Dcc65 likes this.
  19. arndog123

arndog123

Used them several times with no issues. They shipped fast and I'd order from them again.

Dcc65 likes this.
  20. rjr573

rjr573 The Prop Doctor

I have bought several from them with no problem at all.

QUOTE="Dcc65, post: 23968973, member: 253484"]This question may have been brought up on this forum before, but I'm not sure.
    Has anyone ever dealt with or purchased a gun from grab A gun before?
    I placed an order with them this past Friday for a s&w shield 9mm.
    They had the best price I could find anywhere and pretty reasonable shipping.
    However after placing the order and receiving a confirmation email, I started checking some reviews online about the company and found some pretty negative feedback. Just wondering if anyone on here has had any dealings with them and if so, how did the experience turn out for you? Any input would be helpful, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.