close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gould & Goodrich Bootlock Ankle Holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by diablo_svr, Jan 6, 2010.

1. diablo_svr

diablo_svr

For the past couple months I have been trying to find an ankle holster for the G26 that is comfortable to wear all day. I finally wound a winner.

Gould & Goodrich B716 Bootlock Ankle Holster.

It straps on to the outside of your boot, as well as laces to it. So it's not going to move or come off. To my amazement, I couldn't tell I was wearing it...it's that comfortable. Obviously it's because it on the outside of my boot, rather than being strapped directly to my leg.

I have tried quite a few that strapped directly to your leg and none of them were comfortable to me with the G26.

The downside is that your putting it on the outside of your boot and it takes up more space than one you strap directly to your leg. So some pants my not work well with it. Cargo's work fine.

Funny thing is I hate wearing boots (I wear sneakers year round) and the one pair that do have, just aren't comfortable enough for me. I'm sure there are others that are like me. But I think I may of found a solution. Blackhawk Warrior Wear Black Ops Boots. I've spoken to several people that have them (also read tons of reviews) and they swear that they are as comfortable, if not more comfortable than wearing sneakers. I placed an order for them and will have them next week, so we shall see.

[​IMG]

2. one"Lucky"shot

one"Lucky"shot your 6 is my 12

Looks like it would work well. but it defeats the speed laces... I wonder how hard it is to snug up when you tie the strings (I like my boots tight).

I would give it a shot if priced right.

3. packin45

packin45

I carry my G26 in a Bianchi Ranger Triad ankle rig pretty often, and it works slick. The Ranger is one of the only ankle holsters that works well without a calf strap, which is really nice. I've had mine for about a year and a half, and I picked it up used.

That 'boot rig' is clearly not designed with CCW purposes in mind, and looks awfully clunky. Not to mention the fact that you're going to be stuck wearing a pair of heavy, hot lace-up boots all day, which is really going to suck. I don't mean to flame you, but I think it's a terrible idea, and I'd see if I couldn't cancel the order if I were you.

IMO, the toughest method of carry for me to get used to was ankle carry. It's awkward and uncomfortable at first, and you'll walk funny for awhile. You will have to accept the fact that drawing from an ankle holster is going to be slow and awkward. You'll bang your gun ankle on everything, and you'll be worried about printing, until you realize that nobody is looking at your ankles to check for weapons :)

Trust me...just get the Ranger Triad, and put about a month into it. If you really want to ankle carry, you will not regret it.

4. packin45

packin45

5. diablo_svr

diablo_svr

The boot rig works AWESOME! I don't even know that I have it on and with with cargo pants you can't tell I'm wearing it.

I have tried a bunch of holsters that strapped directly to your leg and for me, none came close to the boot rig.

Now as to your opinion that wearing boots will suck...thats possible. But I ordered a pair of boots that I think won't be a problem...we shall see.

The boots in the picture aren't mine. It's just a pic I found to show the holster with a G26.

I will try the Bianchi if I can't find a pair of comfortable boots. But I don't think I will have a problem. Plus after wearing the boot rig, it will be hard to want to wear anything else!