close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gougers, leaches, ticks, and just plain old parasites

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by firemax, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Waitaminute. There's a list? :shocked:

2. firemax

firemax

It may be you watch too many movies. I never said anything in the line of entitlements. For the last time I AM NOT A LIBERAL ENTITLEMENT LOVING DEMOCRAT. That came out of your mind as a Judgement on me. Wrong again.

3. BRoberts243

BRoberts243

Free market.
    if someone had bought up a bunch of AKs 15 years ago for $150 a peice... but AKs were selling for $400 before new town, should that have sold them for $150 since that's what they paid? Or should they sell them for what people are willing to buy them for?

pretty simple to me
    now, if a business chooses to keep prices constant in hopes the consumers will notice and have loyalty to them, then that is fine too, it's their business and may have the intended affect. but selling something at market price isn't gouging. if people are willing to pay $2000 for an AR and you have some you are wiling to part with, why wouldn't you.

gougers is a term applied to the prepared by the unprepared.

I'm sure if SHTF and society collapses you all will trade any goods you may have for the same rate at which you could trade them today, right? right now a can of chef boy r dee is, idk, 80 cents about the same as a cheap notebook... so when SHTF and food skyrockets you would still trade that can of food for a notebook? No, you wouldn't, because food is much more valuable than paper in a collapsed society where no one knows if they will eat the next day. people will trade cars/motorcycles/gold/silver/anything for food. but you guys wouldn't capitalize on that, you'd take the moral high ground and sell the food for what you got it for, right? capitalizing on an increased demand is gouging, remember...

4. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

So outside of your feelings and your list, nothing is coming of this. Why are we even here????

5. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

so a "conservative" is making a "list" of free market capitalists?

so sick of hearing about "gougers" and "hoarders" from so called conservatives

6. firemax

firemax

i agree with you. I was not talking about an Ak for $150 four years ago. I am talking about a $350 Keltech POS 2000 selling for $950 in a matter of months. Gouging is when you overprice, taking advantage of the situation. Like in N.Y where they were doubling the price of plywood knowing people would buy it. I need nothing I can think of in life. I don't like seeing our country going the route it is taking. People defend gouging so they can feel good about it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  7. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Why do you price gouge renters on your properties?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Yes. The next time there's a run on guns n ammo you'll want a copy of it because THEY will have inventory b

9. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

You sound a little communist

10. Bruce H

Bruce H

I do believe another Cuban economist landed in the wrong place again.

11. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

You just hit the nail on the head Eric.

The cattle stampeded and went for borke.

MY 2cents,I was at thye Local Acdemy sports here in Columbia SC,I was watching this HUsband and Wife looking at RIfles and Pistols.I said to myself,I dont want to be around when they go shooting.You could tell just by watching that this couple,Nither one of them knew a thing about shooting a gun.I even witnessed the LAdy turn the muzzle toward her own face.How dumb.

I would bet a good many of the people that went crazy buying were the same!

Jeff

12. TACLOAD

TACLOAD

If people want it bad enough they will pay. I thought ahead and purchased items years ago.

13. F_G

F_G

My ideals come from my life experiences, I was self employed for 20 years and have also been someone's employee. I'm guessing if your "club" laughed they too share the same definition of a free economy as you do. These prices you claim are gouging come from the same place you claim I get my ideals....your mind. Thankfully for the rest of us your idea of fair prices are just that......your's. I'm sure a government program will be along shortly to guarantee you firearms, ammo and magazines at "your" fair price. BTW, I'm not judging you, my observations come from the facts you presented, you feel the current pricing structure and what is affecting it is unfair, therefore you feel you are entitled to cheaper items......the market be damned.

14. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Really? Seriously?

This is so far off base its almost psychotic...

So let me ask. You bought and sold houses. Did you buy them below market value and only sell them at a reasonable return on your investment or did you sell them at market value (or more if you could get it) and try to make a killing?

Oh hell, nevermind. You aren't in business any more.

15. spsmith713

spsmith713

The fact that you don't understand what gouging is even after it has been pointed out 10 times should end this discussion. FOR IT TO BE GOUGING WE HAVE TO BE TALKING ABOUT NECESSITIES. We aren't so end of discussion.

16. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Unless force or deceit is involved or manipulating someone who is not competent to handle their own affairs, people can sell anything they own for whatever they can get with my blessing. Not my business or anyone elses. Don't like price supports or price controls, it stops ordinary people from making a profit but allows the giants to manipulate the market by involving the government.

17. johnstein11

johnstein11

Yeah, I'm not going to pay $3.50 for a gallon of gas or $4 for a steak! This is price gouging too! I don't like how the forces of supply and demand determine market prices. If only there were another system that could be used that would allow me to pay only what I think is fair. Why won't the government step in and prevent this? OP please contact your congressman to intervene ... after you stop your whining on this forum.

18. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

This is too rich. Do I get to be the one to explain who Eric is?

19. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

I'm not.

Been wanting to use that quote from Life of Brian for ages.

I think this guy is trying to follow the shoe.

20. countrygun

countrygun

Why weren't people complaining when AK mags were so cheap that dealers were having to sell them in 12 pack deals to make it worth the trouble of shipping and making much less profit? We should have been paying higher prices because it wasn't fair to the dealers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.