Gotta problem with the wife

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Alchemy, May 16, 2018.

1. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

I've needed some grab bars around the house for a very long time. I need them in both bathrooms and especially the shower and by the toilets.

I fell last year in the shower and busted my stump back open and ended up back in the hospital. Now I've told her that I really need the appliances, but if you can believe this. She says that it will ruin the shower and the walls (WTF). And she'll have no part of them. Well what about me? I've got one damn leg and really need the assistance that these grab bars can provide. I guess that me falling and breaking something is not as important as the appearance of the bathroom.

I just can't figure her out sometimes. She's been a fantastic wife throughout my illness, but now she's turned brain dead. I just can't figure out her obstinance on this subject.

So I finally had enough the other day and ordered some grab bars from Amazon. So they arrived today and she through a royal sh!t fit. She was so mad that you would have thought that I ordered a mail order bride from Thailand.

Something has to give here. You would think that she would encourage me to have these accessories. Sometime I just don't understand women. Well this story is far from over.

2. pgg00

pgg00

Good luck. If i had known now what i knew then i would have never had said i do

F350, Haldor, dbow and 8 others like this.

3. studawg170

studawg170 Distended Membe

When you install the bars....remove all the toliet seats in the house...because they might damage the porcelain

4. Con43

Con43

Should of went the Thailand route. Then you wouldn't need grab bars.........:rolleyes:

5. Deltic

Deltic

I'm going to install some in the bathroom. I don't think I need them yet but I want them in before I need them. I would feel really stupid having a bad fall and then putting them in.

6. Detectorist

Detectorist

You’re right. She doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

I think that’s a weird reaction from her. Maybe she’s stressed out from everything that’s happened.

rayzer007, n2g, plp and 8 others like this.
  7. Sniffler

Sniffler Ooo baby Silver Member

Hell I don't blame her.
    I'd be tired of your gaff too you crippled up old bugger! :fist:

:supergrin:

8. JustMelissa

JustMelissa

From a woman's side.. and I like my house and asthetics.. I don't understand. Not reasonable. Hurts my heart.

If she's a good, loving and supportive woman the only thing I can come up with is she is dealing poorly with change and loss, rather than counting blessings. Wimmins dream about futures and get ideas about things and our panties can get in a wad when those are interupted. Even stupid stuff. She may have had unrealistic standards or expectaions, harboring whatever resentment and the tantrum is her letting it all out.

A special type of counseling is probably available to families dealing with lifestyle and ability changes like these. Find someone who can help (quickly) her process and understand and that you can both work through the changes in a way you can have support.

glockzilla10mm, n2g, DaveD and 17 others like this.
  9. studawg170

studawg170 Distended Membe

Or she should get a grip.

Get it.......

I crack myself up

10. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

I've seen this sort of thing before, and I don't f'ing understand it either. Do ya'll have any kids to come straighten her out? "Mom, you are great, but you have lost your ever-loving mind on this subject! This is going to happen. Period. Go bake a cake while I get these Dad-saving devices installed."

You might also let her know you have drastically reduced your life-insurance as well.....you know, just to be safe....

11. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Get the bars installed. End of story. Your safety is paramount. If she can’t see that then she cares less about you than I do. And we’ve never even met.

12. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Then go ahead and go for the mail order Thai bride, it's my understanding that they won't give you near as much grief...

SevenSixtyTwo and Stevekozak like this.
  13. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Seriously, put your foot down on this subject. (Sorry! LOL) Explain to her that you love her and that you expect the same love back. Make her understand that you hope she never goes through the pain and suffering you endured. But if she did, you’d be there. Helping every step of the way. (Couldn’t help it.) If she still gives you trouble then bash her over the head with the bar. Easy peasy.

14. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

If I recall she’s a devout democrat. Show her the American with disabilities act and ask if she’s discriminating against you :D

F350, glockzilla10mm, n2g and 12 others like this.
  15. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I went through something similar with my Dad as well, and honestly... Our relationship was never great... But it got worse because I thought he was being a total jackass. At their old place, the laundry room was in the basement. My mom was 55 and had knee surgery, and just couldn't safely navigate the stairs anymore while carrying laundry. When I suggested moving her laundry machines to an empty bedroom on the main floor, my Dad would have none of it.. said it would hurt the resale value (as they were planning to move in a couple years). I was irate, and tried to talk some sense into him, and he just wasn't having it. I knew he was leaving town in a few weeks for a couple days... So it probably doesn't take an Einstein to figure out what me and my brother spent a few hours doing.

The kicker was.. we ran the plumbing (water and drain), and electric outlets... Moved the machines up there, and bought her a folding table for the new "laundry room"... No kidding... He didn't notice for 3 months... The house still sold without issue, so I'm not sure what he was freaking out about.

To this day I resent him for how he acted over something so trivial...

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    n2g, TX OMFS, Mrs.Cicero and 3 others like this.
  16. fatduk1963

fatduk1963

I put one in my down stairs bathroom as soon as we got this house, have a realtor talk to her and explain that it will up your property value.

17. canis latrans

canis latrans

she's still pissed about the AR...

18. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

I kind of think that she's getting over that. The problem was that I didn't run it by her first. So then I asked her if I could get a new carry pistol and she said yes. She pissed me off so bad today that I ordered a S&W Shield 45 cal and 500 rnds of ammo. I'm sure that that will go over like a lead balloon, but tough sh!t - she'll get over that too. Now I will have 2 new carry pistols. Oh, I forgot about the 250rnds of shotgun shells I ordered too. I wonder what she's going to say when Amazon delivers my new 24 inch bolt cutters?

19. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

You’ll like that .45 Sheild. I just got one. It’s a good package. Good luck with the bathroom.

n2g and huskerbuttons like this.
  20. paul45

paul45

Is it just you and the wife in the house?

You said 31 years, if I remember correctly?

I wouldn't put up with that crap much longer, if it were me.

Inform her such behavior is unreasonable and unacceptable. If she gets mad at this, tell her to STFU, take her unbalanced anger, and leave you alone.

Stop buying guns, use that saved money to get a man to install safety devices in your house for you so you are not dependent on her.

It is possible your med insurance can help with advice, planning, and installing safety devices in your home.

Mentally prepare a plan to extricate yourself from her aberrant behavior.

There is no reason anyone has to put up with such cruelness.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    glockzilla10mm likes this.