Gotta Love This!! For the Children!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JBJ16, Feb 21, 2010.

1. JBJ16

JBJ16

Found this on gunfreekids.org,

"Gun violence is an epidemic and a national disgrace. Every year in the United States guns kill nearly 30,000 people. We should not have to live in constant fear of our kids dying and being seriously injured in mass shootings like Virginia Tech, the Amish school near Nickel Mines, PA or Columbine. Moreover, let's not lose sight of the fact that a normal day in America brings the loss of 8 young people to shootings that occur on our streets and in our homes - the equivalent of two Columbines every other day.
    What is the U.S. Congress or State legislatures around the country doing about the problem? Almost nothing. Why? Because the National Rifle Association "NRA" and the gun industry use vast sums of money to block passage of sensible gun legislation -- laws that are designed to reduce death and injury and create safer communities. The gun lobby claims that it is protecting gun owners' rights under the Second Amendment. In fact, their efforts lead to the death or injury of thousands of innocent Americans every year as families continue to pay an unbearable price for our national obsession with guns.

What needs to happen to reverse this ugly trend of gun violence? One realistic solution is for gun violence prevention activists to commit to political organizing on the grassroots/netroots level - state by state. We must acknowledge our political impotence on the gun issue and be willing to mount state by state campaigns to rally latent support to save lives.

We cannot, however, achieve our goals without financial support. We are being challenged by the most powerful lobbying group in the U.S., which spends millions of dollars annually on lobbying efforts in Washington, D.C. and state legislatures. We need your help.

Please help stop gun violence against our children -- your children -- by making a contribution to GunFreeKids.org. Look around this website and take action today."

That's right. The time is now. Be proactive. . . . :faint:

2. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

"Send us some money."

3. pangloss9

pangloss9

Every time I send a check to the NRA I get a happy feeling over getting to be part of the most powerful lobby group in the US.

4. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

Here we go again.......another reminder the fight will never be over.

5. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I know what needs to happen and I'm trying to do my part and it isn't sending money to those anti gun leeches. :supergrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jmsfmtex

jmsfmtex

If these idiots would spend more time and money on finding out the root problems that cause these kids and others do stupid things we would be better off. Instead they go after an inanimate object and the problems continue. I personally think that a major cause of these incidents is cause by family failures. Maybe they should look into the lack of families in many of these cases. I could say more but I think you get the idea.

7. JBJ16

JBJ16

OMG! You're training them to become killers! :crying:

I'd recommend the MP5 in 9mm FA persuasion and the wheelgun in 357mag. Also the targets should be humanoid silhouttes of acceptable scale.