Got to shoot my 48 today.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by slym2none, Jun 15, 2020.

1. slym2none

slym2none

100 rounds through it before it started raining in earnest. First 20 was just to "get used to it", then I started trying to do a few things. I put two mags through one target, as fast as I dared, and shot horribly, a few off the target totally but not off the paper. Then I started some 5-round groups, got progressively better as I went along, down to a couple 2" groups at 7 yards. Then for a "finale", I put up a ho-made target that is man-shaped but about half-sized, shooting a little faster than I was comfortable with (to simulate a nervous reaction), put one magazine center mass and one in the head. The center-mass target got sloppy again, so I tightened up on the "head" and got all 10 hits.

I need 1000 rounds now...

RustyRyan and Top Glock10mm like this.
  2. Top Glock10mm

Top Glock10mm Previously Jisbell40

The 48s are interesting guns. How do you like yours? Is this going to be your new carry gun? If so what did it replace

3. slym2none

slym2none

Oh, some things I left out.

No stoppages or malfs of the gun.

I didn't limp-wrist it.

Never felt the slide on my weak-hand's thumb.

Was surprised but not scared when it went off.

For the 5-rd groups, I was resting my arms/the pistol on a barrel, so it wasn't off-hand.

I need to try a grip without putting my weak hand's forefinger on the front of the trigger guard, as I have a scar on my left hand index finger where it contacts that was sore after I was done.

I felt I did surprisingly well for a pure novice with pistols. I also know I need some training.

And I need LOTS more ammunition.

:D

4. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

Love my little 48 (and 43x). Have shot both from the holster in SCSA Production, but now sticking with the 48.