Glock Talk banner

Got rid of my Sigs, went to all Glocks...Why didn't I do this sooner?

2502 Views 83 Replies 52 Participants Last post by  mfetty77
Hey all, new to GT, but not to Glocks. I carry a G22 as my issued firearm, but other than that, all of my other guns were Sig. Well, I went to a private range the other day and rented a G29. I put about 200 rounds through it, and low and behold I fell in love with it, I traded my P239 for a G29, and I just sold my P229, which I am going to replace with a G21sf. The other Sig I have, a P245 will be traded shortly for a G30sf and I will be completely Glock.

I caught the bug and wish I had done this long ago. I do like the 22 I carry and I am very proficient with it, I was just always a Sig man through and through, but I have seen the light and I am now a true "GLOCKER".

Glad to have found this site!
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

· WidowMaker
615 Posts
Welcome home. The simplicity/reliabilty of a Glock is amazing.

Hey all, new to GT, but not to Glocks. I carry a G22 as my issued firearm, but other than that, all of my other guns were Sig. Well, I went to a private range the other day and rented a G29. I put about 200 rounds through it, and low and behold I fell in love with it, I traded my P239 for a G29, and I just sold my P229, which I am going to replace with a G21sf. The other Sig I have, a P245 will be traded shortly for a G30sf and I will be completely Glock.

I caught the bug and wish I had done this long ago. I do like the 22 I carry and I am very proficient with it, I was just always a Sig man through and through, but I have seen the light and I am now a true "GLOCKER".

· NRA Life Member
75,759 Posts
I used to carry a Sig P226 duty gun for a year or so, back in the days when the guys around me were carrying a lot of S&W and Beretta, just because it was expensive and cool looking, but it never could stand up to a Glock for shooting, due to the DA/SA trigger. I switched to a Glock duty gun back then, as have pretty much every one of those guys, whether personally owned or department issued.

· Atomic Dawg
1,027 Posts
Welcome to GT:welcome:

I really love the Glocks. But I must admit I do have my eye on a Sig Stainless. I have never shot a Sig but it's a beautiful looking gun. Their accuracy is often touted on here as well. But I would never sell my Glocks to buy a Sig.

· Registered
434 Posts
Glocks are fine for their intended purpose. They are cheap, reliable, simple guns that are corrosion and rust resistant and make excellent carry-guns.....BUT.....I would NEVER get rid of one of my Sigs to buy a Glock.....NEVER.

· Registered
218 Posts
Welcome. I owned one Sig, a Carry 220. It wouldn't fire one mag without a FTFeed. I sent it back to Sig and it came back working better, BUT I had lost all confidence in it.
Thats when I decided to stick with Glock and they haven't failed me.

637 Posts
I done the same thing a year ago , I sold off all my Sigs, Beretta and H&K , all i have now are Glocks.

· Registered
505 Posts
I kept all my sigs and just added Glocks to my collection, Ive found that I always regret selling a firearm off.

· Registered
557 Posts

Funny, I'm in the same process. I'm pretty much getting rid of DA/SA pistols, and going with consistent trigger pulls. I'm keeping my SIG 239 with DAK trigger, and my 250 (which I LOVE!). I just bought a G30 SF and already am shooting pretty well with it.

It might be time for a G19 for some cheap ammo fun. Well, cheaper than .45. :embarassed: I wouldn't exactly call 9 mm cheap any more. :crying:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.