Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new to GT, but not to Glocks. I carry a G22 as my issued firearm, but other than that, all of my other guns were Sig. Well, I went to a private range the other day and rented a G29. I put about 200 rounds through it, and low and behold I fell in love with it, I traded my P239 for a G29, and I just sold my P229, which I am going to replace with a G21sf. The other Sig I have, a P245 will be traded shortly for a G30sf and I will be completely Glock.

I caught the bug and wish I had done this long ago. I do like the 22 I carry and I am very proficient with it, I was just always a Sig man through and through, but I have seen the light and I am now a true "GLOCKER".

Glad to have found this site!

·
WidowMaker
615 Posts
Welcome home. The simplicity/reliabilty of a Glock is amazing.

Hey all, new to GT, but not to Glocks. I carry a G22 as my issued firearm, but other than that, all of my other guns were Sig. Well, I went to a private range the other day and rented a G29. I put about 200 rounds through it, and low and behold I fell in love with it, I traded my P239 for a G29, and I just sold my P229, which I am going to replace with a G21sf. The other Sig I have, a P245 will be traded shortly for a G30sf and I will be completely Glock.

I caught the bug and wish I had done this long ago. I do like the 22 I carry and I am very proficient with it, I was just always a Sig man through and through, but I have seen the light and I am now a true "GLOCKER".

·
NRA Life Member
68,417 Posts
I used to carry a Sig P226 duty gun for a year or so, back in the days when the guys around me were carrying a lot of S&W and Beretta, just because it was expensive and cool looking, but it never could stand up to a Glock for shooting, due to the DA/SA trigger. I switched to a Glock duty gun back then, as have pretty much every one of those guys, whether personally owned or department issued.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would never sell one of my Sigs for a Glock, but what makes you happy is important.

I like Glocks as well and have both.

Good luck with them.
DITTO!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Sigs are good guns but just have never "done it for me".

I prefer Glocks and approve of your move.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would never sell one of my Sigs for a Glock, but what makes you happy is important.

I like Glocks as well and have both.

Good luck with them.

Thanks.

Our differences are what make us unique, if we all liked the same things and all thought the same thoughts, what a boring place the world would be.

·
Atomic Dawg
1,027 Posts
Welcome to GT:welcome:

I really love the Glocks. But I must admit I do have my eye on a Sig Stainless. I have never shot a Sig but it's a beautiful looking gun. Their accuracy is often touted on here as well. But I would never sell my Glocks to buy a Sig.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
General Patton said "If all men are thinking alike, someone is not thinking."

I don't dislike Sigs or I would have never owned them in the first place, I just feel that for what I use them for, which is self-defense, their[Glock] simplicity, hands down, is a huge advantage for this purpose.

·
Pro Agitator
541 Posts
Welcome, I myself couldn't dump my sigs so I keep them in the back of the safe so they don't intermingle with the glocks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Glocks are fine for their intended purpose. They are cheap, reliable, simple guns that are corrosion and rust resistant and make excellent carry-guns.....BUT.....I would NEVER get rid of one of my Sigs to buy a Glock.....NEVER.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome. I owned one Sig, a Carry 220. It wouldn't fire one mag without a FTFeed. I sent it back to Sig and it came back working better, BUT I had lost all confidence in it.
Thats when I decided to stick with Glock and they haven't failed me.

·
636 Posts
I done the same thing a year ago , I sold off all my Sigs, Beretta and H&K , all i have now are Glocks.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I kept all my sigs and just added Glocks to my collection, Ive found that I always regret selling a firearm off.

·
Registered
557 Posts

Funny, I'm in the same process. I'm pretty much getting rid of DA/SA pistols, and going with consistent trigger pulls. I'm keeping my SIG 239 with DAK trigger, and my 250 (which I LOVE!). I just bought a G30 SF and already am shooting pretty well with it.

It might be time for a G19 for some cheap ammo fun. Well, cheaper than .45. :embarassed: I wouldn't exactly call 9 mm cheap any more. :crying:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts