close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got myself in a pickle. Got a sightpusher to lend?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by gadgetguy1288, Feb 16, 2010.

1. gadgetguy1288

gadgetguy1288 Coastie Tweet

Well, I seem to have gotten myself in a bit of a pickle.
    I ordered some Trijicon NS for Glock 30. Well they got here this afternoon, and me being my usual impatient and retarded self tried to install them.

It didn't go so well. [​IMG]

I got the front sight on with no issues, [​IMG]but the rear is the issue. I got the stock sight off with a little persuasion from a small hammer, but I don't want to use force on the new sights because everything I've read has said that they break kinda easily. [​IMG]

Anybody by chance have a Glock sight pusher that I can borrow? Ill pay shipping both ways and put down a deposit if need be. Or if your local in Sitka,AK(doubt anyone is) that would be amazing as well!

PLEASE?[​IMG]

2. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

All I did was file the bottom and the two sides and got to the point where I can push it about 1/3 of a way then used a little CLP which dries up anyway and used a 3/8's wood dowl about 6" long and drifted it in. Took less than 10 minutes.

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Do local police carry Glocks? If they do, check with them to see if they have an armorer that can help.

Or, is there a gun shop there?

4. gadgetguy1288

unfortunatley neither. The local gun shop doesnt carry sight pushers and doesnt do anything beyond the occasion scope mounting. The AK State Troopers Carry glocks but theres only two in town and they send off their guns to get worked on i was told :(

5. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

Damn.. I just checked and I never knew how expensive those were!

6. TH237

TH237

You could always send your slide to one of us and we could install for you.

7. Bobshouse

Bobshouse

Or just do what everyone else does, order it from Midwayusa.com gunsmithing rentals, and return it for a refund when your done.:upeyes::upeyes:

8. PBRLite

PBRLite

A few swipes of 400 grain sandpaper, a rubber mallet, a 2x4, and some red locktote usually does it for me.

9. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

That would work. Probably quite a bit more expensive, though.

10. gadgetguy1288

Thanks guys but i just found one to borrow on another forum. :D

11. Alderak

Alderak

To elaborate on the sandpaper idea... you put the extremely fine grain sandpaper on a nice flat surface, then drag the sight across it. Drag half your strokes one way, then rotate the sight 180 degrees and do the other half, this will help keep your bottom flat. If the sight is going in too hard, back it out and swipe it a few more times....

when drifting the sight in it really helps if you can put your slide in a padded vice (be gentle, its much better to re-tighten often than to over tighten the first time).

I padded mine with a couple small pieces of plywood secured to the vice. Leather might work well also.

12. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Good deal! Let me know if anything changes.

No fitting or Loctite is needed with the Trijicon rear sight, but a drop of Loctite is needed on the screw of the front sight.

Note that the base of the rear sight has a 'hollow' in it, that is designed to fit into the Glocks hour glass shaped dovetail from either side without alteration.

[​IMG]

13. gadgetguy1288

Ya i got the front sight on with no issues and haven't loctited it yet but have some on the way from TopGun as well as a front sight tool to make sure its in there good and tight.