got my Nikon D80 but....

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by AWMP, Aug 19, 2007.

1. AWMP

AWMP

The lenses are not auto focus? So you have to have special lenses that are auto focus? The two lenses were Nikon/Sigma. The auto focus cost more? Yeah I know stupid question. Newbie still learning the hard way.

2. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

You got non-autofocus lenses in the kit? They are not easy to find anymore. You've got collector's items. ;)

Seriously, Nikon has been making only autofocus lenses for many, many years now (except some specialty glass, like this one). Somehow I don't think you got this one.

Can you give a more precise description of those lenses? What does it say on the front?

3. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

there's this little switch on the front of the camera........................................:supergrin:

4. AWMP

AWMP

Ok ok, I know about the switch on the front of the camera and the lenses do say AF, so..I must be holding my right foot wrong, when I get home I will play more and see what I was doing wrong.

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Is there a switch on the lens itself? There is on Canons' stuff.

If you get this figured out, I have a cheapie zoom I will send ya. The AF motor died but maybe if you hold your mouth just right you can get it to work :supergrin:

Seriously, learn to use manual focus and don't always rely on AF. You will have much more control and the results will be better.

6. AWMP

AWMP

I figured out what I was doing wrong, the background was too dark and the camera was not able to tell the difference between the subject and back ground. Finally read the instructions and looked up the code. I guess those instructions come in handy sometime, lol.