Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to post this because I'm very excited! I got my new gun on Saturday! It's a Springfield XD 9mm 5 inch tactical. I know, it's not a Glock, but - my Glock 34 will still be my "primary go-to gun" for competitions. I was able to put about 50 rounds through the XD on Saturday after the match and plan on going out to the range on Tuesday to put some more trigger time into it. So far, I've noticed it's a little lighter in the nose that my G34 and it needs sandpaper grips put on it, but I think it's going to be a fine gun. I'm going to shoot it with the stock sites on it for now and see how it goes. Otherwise I'm considering putting Dawson sites on it.

By the way, Hi. My name is Julie and I'm an active IDPA and IPSC shooter here in Wisconsin. I also shoot the occasional 3-gun competition. I did shoot a high powered rifle match on Sunday and borrowed a friend's Garand. That was a lot of fun, though I swear the target must have kept moving, 'cause there weren't as many holes on the target to equal the number of bullets I fired. ;)

Julie

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi right back at you Julie, congratulations on yoru new gun and welcome to Women's Issues. I know that you will enjoy that new XD, they are a sweet shooter.

Deb

·
Bullseye?
715 Posts
Hey Julie. Congrats on the new gun. Hope you enjoy it. I shot my 1st DSM match on Sunday with my G19. Fun. Need to work on some skills, but isn't this what this is for.

I'm thinking a little more time on the range is in your future....

Lynn

·
Registered
295 Posts
welcome and congrats on the new gun! my husband has the xd40. i haven't tested it out at the range but i know he loves it and is looking at the xd45. my brother-in-law has the xd9 and loves his (i haven't tested it out either).

:)

·
Sharon, you will be missed.
26,373 Posts
that's great! I held an XD 40 this past weekend just to get a feel for it, gonna have to borrow a friends soon to see if I like shooting it. :supergrin:

I've done a couple of IPSC matches here in Maryland, they're fun! (I have, by divine grace managed not to come in dead LAST yet, just close to it! :rofl: )

Look forward to hearing about your upcoming matches! :wavey:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts