close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got my new Glock 26.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Alaskapopo, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

I purchased a Glock at a silent auction. I won the bid with $380. I also paid an additional $50 for the Glock night sights. I love the glock brand night sights. They have a clear coating that keeps the dirt out of the white ring area. On my previous glocks the white outline fills with dirt and disappeared after just a few days of carry. The new sights are an improvement. I have put about 500 rounds through it so far with 2 malfunctions. one was with a full size 17 mag. No worries I have yet to see a mini Glock (27.33,30 now 26) work 100% reliably with full size mags. I also had a strage stove pipe when firing left handed. It could have been limp wristing or a underpowered shot. Other than that it works great. I am carring it till my Kimber gets back from being re-finished. Its not a bad little gun at all. Anyway I think I finally found a mini glock that will meet my reliability standard. the last 2 I tried did not work out for me. A 27 then a 33. I also noticed the finish looked a little more textured and blacker than my previous Glocks. Anyone know if Glock changed its Tefner finishing process?
    Pat

2. turbonatr

turbonatr Senior Member Millennium Member

My G26 works fine with my G17 and G19 mags, FWIW.

The most probable reason for the stovepipe is limp wristing.

Tenifer is NOT a coating (or finish), it is a metal treatment. The black finish on Glocks is a black phosphate coating. Glock has changed their finish from a flat black to more of a semi-gloss black phosphate over the years.

3. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

What problems did you have with your G-27 and G-33.My first subcompact Glock was a G-27 but I never tried 40 S&W in it.I bought it before Glock came out with the G-33 but there were a couple of aftermarket companies making 357 Sig conversion barrels for the G-27 at the time.I bought it with the purpose of converting it to 357.I used it in 357 until Glock came out with the G-33.Then I traded it for a G-33.It has been 100% for me.It is the earliest version Glock made.Now with all of the good 9mm ammo available I want to get a factory G-26 top end for the G-33 or get a G-26.I have also been looking at the SW99C compact for $399.I bought a factory G-27 replacement barrel for the G-33 recently.I haven't fired it yet and it seems to chamber difficultly.Not as smoothly as the old 357 barrel anyway.

4. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Rounds would nose dive on the feed ramp with the 27 if the mag was loaded with more than 5 rounds with full power 155 and 165 grain ammo. The 180 grian stuff worked fine.

The 33 rounds would nosedive on the feed ramp when I was firing with my support hand only. (left handed)
    Pat

5. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

Thanks for the info.My G-33 works great but I heard the newer ones have a different feed ramp and tighter chamber.My new factory G-27 barrel looks like it might be a problem.I haven't shot it yet but it's a new L series replacement and seems "jerky" chambering a round.I had a Federal 40 S&W barrel for a short time time that worked but I swapped it for the factory barrel.The feed ramp on the new factory barrel looks like it's higher in the rear near the magazine.I bought a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel too and I like some of the 9mm ammo available these days.

6. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

The Tenifer finish is a metal process and is part of the metal itself. The exterior oxide finish has varied over the years from a sandpaper-like flat black to a semi-gloss. It is merely cosmetic.