Got my Gen 4 22 home only to find...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by dking1, Feb 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. dking1

dking1

So I went and turned in my last "old" certificate for a Gen 4 22. My thoughts were to just swap the trigger system & slide from a Gen 3 17 so my wife could shoot a smaller gripped glock and I get a G-22 upper to put my old G-17....:whistling:...well that was before I realized the details the engineering crew at Glock made.

:faint:Apparently in an effort to strengthen the frame specifically in the ejector housing area they modified the shape...guess what...the Gen 3 parts aren't interchangible.

So, on to my question. Does anyone know where I can purchase a Gen 4 ejector housing for a G-17 so I can finish my swap? :wavey:

Thanks for the advice!

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Well, I guess you should have bought a Gen4 G17 since the Gen3 slides do not interchange with the Gen4 frames.:whistling:

3. dking1

dking1

Thanks for your hindsite :tongueout: I see yours is also 20/20. Unless you know something I don't by actually trying the swap they are interchangable. The only functional difference to make it..well perfect...is by replacing the 22 ejector body with a 17 ejector body. If you've got more info on the specs I'd love to hear them, but if you're guessing I always appreciate unfounded opinions.:upeyes:

4. DannyR

Just look at the fronts of the frame dust cover and slide and you will see the differences. Then compare the barrel lugs and new vs old springs.

Now there is really no need to believe me. Just call Warranty Service Department at 1-770-432-1202 and ask them.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  5. RFPhoto

RFPhoto

Danny is correct. The frame where the recoil spring fits is different and there are other differences as well.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  6. Jon_R

Jon_R

I had thought about doing the same thing for the same reasons and decided not to try it. Picked up a G17 Gen4 today. Now I have 3 G17s(2,3 and 4). Oh well I don't mind having some spares. I am sure my daughter just considers one of them hers anyways and plans to take it with her when she turns 18.

7. SilverState

SilverState

These threads make me so glad I bought a Gen 3 RTF G17 and a Gen 3 RTF G22 as backups to my Gen 3 G34 and G35.

Not to mention being able to use my fully-supported chamber barrels (for reloads), stainless or tungsten recoil rods/springs, and a threaded barrel, that I previously bought for my old Gen 3 Glock 17...

8. mr glock-fl

mr glock-fl

Hi,
    Per Glock, the parts are coming but so is Christmas. I talked to Charlie Vanak and he has come up with something to work it out.

No, the G21 & 30 sf trigger housing are to tall. Also the trigger bar is different too(more like a G37).
    The barrels seem to be able to swap but I have not put rounds through them, but the frame(in front of the locking block) is cut out a little to fit the new recoil spring system. Like the G26 the front Lug of the slide is larger.

Maybe if you want a lighter trigger for her, just get a new trigger job for your wife's Gen 4 gun??(cheaper then Diamonds). Charlie has worked it out, I am waiting for one to go in my Idpa gun.

Just thinking Out Loud
    Good Luck
    Mike

9. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

10. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Amen to that:wavey: and our RTF2's!! Now if I can only get Jager Products to make me a compensator with the RTF2 slide serrations on it...

11. Jager1147

Jager1147

I'd have thought about it, but they went back to the standard serrations with the Gen. 4.

12. TcRoc

TcRoc Phillies Fan !!

Danny I thought you retired:supergrin: or was that just from the rest of the forum

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  13. DannyR

I retired from the General Glocking Forum because it was increasing my stress level. I started the GSSF Forum in September 1999 and am not yet prepared to give it up.:cool:

14. TcRoc

TcRoc Phillies Fan !!

General Glocking increase ones stress level?? Thats unheard of :supergrin::whistling: