close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got My First "You're Old" Moment

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GLWyandotte, Oct 3, 2012.

1. SCGlock26

SCGlock26

I was 40 and went to dinner with my mother. The waitress asked me what my "wife" wanted to drink.
    I dyed my hair the next day and everyone I knew just laughed at me.

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Rocking. . . polkas. If you weren't sure from the 30 yr old babe, you can be sure when you claim to hear a rockin polka. . . and know how to dance to it. (Nestor excluded, BTW.)

A polka. :rofl:

I'm blessed with my mom's hair. I'm headin to 44 soon and still look 30-something. At 40, my dad looked 50. At 50, he looked 60. At 60, he looked 70. At 72, he still looks 70. I'm betting he had a few "wow yer old" moments before his time. (He also acted old at 40. The goofy things I do with my kids. . . never did my dad do anything near that.)

3. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Now comes the really sad part: I went to a bar and started to talk to an 18 year old guy because he was a friend of a friends friend.. or whatever. After some minutes he says to my best friend and me : I want to be as cool when I am your age.

I AM 29!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  4. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

I was going to say the first time, I said "Twenty years, I..." but after reading this thread, maybe I haven't had it yet, but it sure seems like it when the guys I hang out with are 10-15 years younger than me and they're hitting on women who were born when I getting my driver's license.

5. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I'm sorry but God that SUCKS!!:rofl:

I got a similar backhanded comment from my young cousin's girlfriend when she was 17.

She said I was cute, because she liked Kevin Costner and Sean Connery. Kevin Costner is 15 years older then me and Sean Connery is almost double my age :steamed:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  6. SanJuanTrout

SanJuanTrout usmcold0311

HaHaHa, surely you jest

7. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? Millennium Member CLM

At a local bar/grill with a couple buddies a couple years back, and for whatever reason, the place is Packed.

A couple super-attractive college girls are wandering around looking for a place to sit, and we invite them to take the extra space at our booth 'till another table comes free.

We all chat a bit, and at the end, the two girls are smiling at me, leaning forward, flirting, and one pushes a slip of paper across to me, with a huge smile, and says 'We'd love it if you'd call us sometime! SOOON, OK?'

My buddies are shocked, wondering what magic I have worked to get these girls so worked up and ready to rock?

I'm all humble, and point out that while I'd never cheat on my wife, it's good to know that beautiful women still want me, and I'm not sure which one of them I'd pick anyhow, but perhaps in a pinch I'd look at dating them both (were I single) etc.

I then look at the slip of paper, and it says 'Ashley & Stephanie - great babysitters! We'd love to watch your kids!' and their phone number.

I'd successfully picked up a babysitter for my pre-school children.

Sigh.

8. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

I recently took my 14 year old daughter to a diner for breakfast. A couple tables away was a local mom and her kids. My daughter was a summer camp counselor for one of the kids, so they stopped by our table to say hi as they were leaving. The mom, who was my age, asked my daughter is I was her older brother!

Too bad the only women who pay attention to me are older and heavier than my ego would like!

9. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

When I get called "Sir".

10. sarge83

sarge83

I was in my mid 20's and an undergrad in college this was in the 80's and I carried my stuff around in a brief case. I found it easier to handle than a backpack. A student came up to my girlfriend at the time and wanted to know if she had taken any of my classes and was I a tough professor.

At 37 I pulled into the Long John Silvers drive through and placed my order, the girl gave me the total and I drove around to the window. She comes up to the window looks at me turns around and goes to the register makes a few entries and comes to the window. I have the correct amount ready to hand her and she says, oh it's changed honey I gave you your senior discount.

When I was 43 I walked into a pawn shops jewelry section with my little girl who was 9 or 10 at the time she wanted to go in there. One of the ladies starts chatting with us as my daughter is looking at ear rings and proceeds to ask my daughter if her grandpa is going to buy her some ear rings. I said she's my daughter. Oh, sorry dear.

I am 46 now and my youngest brother who is in his late 30's takes some clothes and other items to a local charitable organization for donation that I also donate to frequently and they ask him if he wants the forms to take for a charitable deduction and he says sure and they ask his name. He tells them his name and the lady responds oh we know your dad and give my name, he comes in here all the time with stuff. My brother just grins, accepts the tax info. and then proceeds out the door to laugh his butt off and then find me to aggravate.

For the record what hair I have left is nearly white at 46 and my nickname is Gramps...

11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Should have cracked that bass guitar off the punk's head and start a good old fashion bar brawl.

12. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

You kept the magic alive for the men, right? You didn't fess up, I hope.

Dad? :rofl:

13. Gallium

Gallium CLM

My mom...in her 60s folks call us "Mr. and Mrs. Gallium".

My wife...I took my wife to the OBYGN when she got knocked up, we are there with the rest of the boys, the eldest was a recent teenager. The nurse comes out, looks at us (4-5 of us), and then begins addressing my wife and teenager as Mr./Mrs. Gallium.

Funny thing is, when I shave and wear "young people clothes" (jeans or cargo pants/etc), people think I am no older than 30.

:)

14. badge315

badge315

That was my moment as well.:faint:

15. Chesafreak

Chesafreak

The last young guy to talk smack about me being old was my Marine son in law. I challenged him to put on some boxing gloves and join me in the back yard whenever he wants to call me old or make fun of sailors again. He still hasn't taken me up on that. When my kids call me old man I just tell them that I'll challenge them to a run or any type of physical fitness test and see who's old.

I'm 43 with a little grey hair and a grey goatee, and in the best shape of my life. In fact, this morning I noticed that I can just start to see the outline of my six pack abs. A year and a half ago I was fat, overstressed, and had daily back pain. Now the back pain is gone but the knees hurt, which is my reminder that I'm getting older.

I must be doing something right. I overheard my fiance talking to her best friend the other day and heard her friend say that her 19 year old daughter thinks I'm hot, and my fiance said that another friend's daughter said the same (both girls are beautiful!). My head got so big I almost fell over. It doesn't really matter except it made me feel good. Its not like I'm going to get a chance (or take that chance) to knock boots with the daughters of people I know.

16. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

At 52, I pick my battles wisely and starting one in a bar packed with college kids is not wise. HH

17. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

That's why you use the guitar and not your fists.

18. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Hey man, it's a custom shop Carvin! HH

19. Ralff

Ralff

I was driving to a detail in a van with 7 younger airman. "Paradise City" came on the radio and only 1 or 2 of them had ever heard it. FML
    :crying:

20. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Like the Oktoberfest?? I could use some tickets for Saturday if anyone knows where to get some...