close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got my first Glock this weekend

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AJH, Jun 3, 2002.

1. AJH

AJH

a G30 with factory nite-sites. Only got to shoot about half a box of Blazers through it so far but I can already see that I'll need to buy a couple of cases of ammo for this month;a
    This thing is friggin' awsome. I was surprised at how soft it shot. Really accurate from my hands ( wich was a nice surprise )!
    I do have a couple of questions though. Magazines are supposed to be 10 rounds but only fit 9. Will the springs break in to fit 10 ?
    Also one magazine doesn't drop free while the other does. Common or not ?

One last question, Should the slide stay back or close when there is no magazine in the gun ?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but this is my first centerfire auto. Much different than the revolvers I'm used to.

Thanks for listening to me boast about the gun and bearing with my questions.

2. steelerfan

steelerfan Country Roads..

Excellent choice.

Yes, the mags are tight at first but will loosen up.

Glock mags are sometimes (and incorrectly) called drop-free and non-dropfree. The 2 types of Glock mags are actually Fully Metal Lined or Non-Fully Metal Lined. Yours are FML. Some FML mags will drop free, some won't.

No, the slide will not automatically lock back if the mag is removed.

Feel free to ask any questions. There are lots of good folks here who can and will help out.

Welcome aboard.