close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got my first Gen4, a G-17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lkd, Mar 2, 2010.

1. lkd

lkd Just a guy.

I own a gob of Glocks already, but somebody had bought a Gen4 G-17 and didn't like it after about 50 rounds through it, so I bought it from him at a good price (below GSSF pricing, go ahead, hate me :whistling:).

One thing I've noticed is that the reassembly after field stripping can somehow "catch" and leave the recoil spring sticking forward of the slide. I had to fiddle with it a couple times to get everything nestled properly again. Quite annoying, actually, considering how fast/easy I can do it with my Gen 3s.

Anybody else see that issue?

(No, I haven't used it yet, so no range report, but I liked the feel of the new grip texture. Everything else pretty much felt the same)

2. biggin215

biggin215

I have had the same issue with my G30. I think it has to do with the way the dual recoil spring works.... You just have to make sure its seated as close to the barrel as possible.

3. JBP55

JBP55

Not an issue with me, just ship it to me for $50 less than you paid and I will take good care of it. Insert smiley face here.

4. lkd

lkd Just a guy.

:rofl:

I have only sold two of my Glocks. My wife can always tell when I'm recalling those times, because she finds me in the corner, crying unconsolably. :)

5. matteblack

matteblack

Yes, I had the same issue. Shoot it. Its simply a break in issue, once mine got over 300 rounds or so through it, it behaves like the Gen 3's. Not one stoppage after 500 rounds so far, just like I would expect. :thumbsup: