Got my DANG Glock 19, LOL

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TN.Frank, Aug 15, 2018.

1. TN.Frank

TN.Frank "Don't Tread On Me!"

Sold the AR Pistol and got a "normal" handgun for carry, a Glock 19 Gen4. Looks like it'll be a nice addition to my EDC/CCW rotation. Anyway, enjoy the vid and I'll talk to ya' later. TN.Frank Out.

View: https://youtu.be/oTPmAwlupps

jr24 and JKinAZ like this.
  2. CheerioWolf

CheerioWolf

AR pistols are fun, but far from practical beyond home defense, but they do very little even in that arena that a Glock won't do. Longer sight radius, higher velocity, but are impossible for most carry situation (unfortunately someone has tried probably).

3. TN.Frank

I transitioned my CZ Scorpion over to Home Defense Duty for a "Long Gun" so the 10.5" AR Pistol wasn't needed anymore but the 19 will get quite a bit of carry so it's a useful gun for me. I already have a lot of 9x19mm ammo on hand, both factory and my handloads so I'm set there. Can't wait to get my XS Big Dots so I can get em' installed and get out and do some shooting. Anyway, here's a pic of my CZ Scorpion. CZ Scorpion.jpg

1911-Glock, jr24 and JKinAZ like this.
  4. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

5. JKinAZ

JKinAZ

Congrats! Enjoy it!

6. DrewBone

DrewBone

Wait...what? Which one is it gonna' be, home defense, or carry? They're two mutually exclusive events in my eyes.

Below is my CZ BREN 805 S1 pistol. Handy length, amazing accuracy and reliability, a 400 meter affective firing range (it utilizes the same 10.9" barrel length as the Czech military's CZ BREN 805 A2 rifle), and being chambered in the 5.56x45 cartridge enjoys knockdown power that's far beyond what any Glock on the planet can produce, at ranges that the Glock simply cannot compete with.

As such, it's complete overkill for home defense and definately better than swingin' a cactus I'm sure, unless you're defending against an angry mob of stampeding irate Hillary voters, then it's time to break out the Beta's and Magpul 60 round drums.

Welcome to the forum!
    [​IMG]

7. DrewBone

DrewBone

So um, how soon until you sell this new Gen4 G19 and post a video of your new Gen5 G19? LOL!!

8. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Frank kept the .357 sigs around 3 months, and the 45 gaps I believe a little longer.

One could start a pool on how long the 30s and the gen4 19 will last.

Regardless, I enjoy the entertainment and verbalization of how each model is the greatest and best solution to the best handgun Glock makes.

9. Triple Taps

Triple Taps

JKinAZ,
    Your avitar is like looking at myself

JKinAZ likes this.
  10. DrewBone

DrewBone

'Rock, it appears to fly well over the heads of many, but there is much entertainment here at GlockTalk. I too am fond of how many here state quite boldly that the Glock G(insert: random Glock model) is not only the best Glock, but the best handgun, period. This puzzles me. Surely the word "subjectivity" is unknown to those who make such claims.

Rocky7 likes this.
  11. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Again, you see through my written words. It’s taken me sometime to realize that not all think and solve the same way.

I now consider this more of a comedy and enjoy the levity it brings.

DrewBone likes this.
  12. TN.Frank

I've had my Shield 9mm for 3 years now and the M&P 22 pistol for almost as long. Having a tight budget preclude keeping every gun that I get so that I have to sell something in order to buy something else.
    Many times my needs change. I'd built an AR in 6.8 SPC II to use to hunt deer in the woods of Tennessee. Didn't need it anymore once I moved to Arizona so it went bye-bye. Same for the AR Pistol, it WAS a good idea at the time for home defense but with the CZ Scorpion coming on board it just made more sense being a pistol caliber that'll give less noise in a confined space vs the 5.56x45mm which I'm sure would totally burst an eardrum.
    Like I said before, this'll be my 4th G19, I keep getting drawn back to them for a reason. When you size everything up you get a lot of gun in a small enough package to carry with tons of accessories. The main reason the G31 and G33 are on the chopping block is because I'd like something else to play with(maybe an FN handgun or two??) and without funds to buy things outright I have to sell in order to buy, I'm sure there's a few others here in that same boat.
    Either way it gives me more guns to test and look at so can make more Youtube videos in order to keep my channel going.
    To tell the truth I have been kicking around the idea of hanging onto the G31 but I really have no need for the G33 anymore so it's going away so I can either buy more accessories for the guns I have or get into something different.

13. DrewBone

DrewBone

Aww shucks Frank, we're not pickin' on you. Ok, well maybe we are...but it's all in good fun, LOL!!!

14. TN.Frank

I'll be the first to admit that I go through a lot of guns. Mainly because I can't afford to keep all of them nor would I want to.