Got my callsign!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Petra, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Petra

Petra

My callsign just showed up in ULS. I saw on one of the forums that it was probably a bad idea to post your full sign since it makes it very easy for someone to find you, so I'll just say that I'm KE5---.

2. FN64

FN64 Guest

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big Congrats Petra!!! Now the fun begins and a ton of learning all the stuff they don't teach ya for the test!! Keep on studying bud.. that general is only one test away & not much harder than the tech.
    Check out the repeaters in your area..
    http://www.artscipub.com/repeaters/

Enjoy the bands..FN

3. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

Congrats on the call sign. Anyone that is going to be THAT interested is going to find far easier ways to track you down than finding your call sign posted somewhere. Don't sweat it. Spread the word and let the world know.

W 7 Y B Y

4. Petra

Petra

Thanks for the congratulations. I went up to Houston Amateur Radio Supply today. Talked to Charlie about what I was looking for. Nice guy. He had a Yaesu 7800R for $260 and recommended a Larsen 5/8 wave dual band antenna ($65). A bit higher than I've found on the net, but it might be worth it just to support a local brick and mortar store.

Ok Texas T, I'll announce to the world that I am KE5PNK.

5. G23Adam

G23Adam .- -.. .- --

you got a good one to remember too!

You're now the PiNK guy ;)

6. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Guest

Fixed it for you.

7. Petra

Petra

Oh, HELL no!:shocked:

I will come up with some other way to remember it. But thanks anyway......sweetie. :supergrin:

8. Stevearino

Stevearino Frak

Hey! I'm KE5--- too!

:tongueout:

9. Texas T

Ha ha ha... the first thing that came to mind for me was punk.

Good on ya for driving all the way up here to buy from Charlie. He does a parking lot swap meet every spring; I think it was about March when he did the last one. Good chance to come out and possibly get some deals.

Now we need to get you involved in ARES. http://harriscountyares.org/sw/dist14sw.htm

I live in Montgomery County so I'm part of the MC ARES.

Depending upon what time your morning commute is, you might find me on 146.660 between 0530 and 0630. There are several interesting guys on there about that time, one who just got back from Europe and is a member of the US Areobatic Team.

10. Petra

Petra

Yeah, punk was the first one that came to my mind too. But I decided that probably wasn't a moniker I'd like.

I've thought about getting involved with ARES, but I don't know if I could actually be of assistance during an emergency. I work for the local "hometown" airline. If there is an emergency here, I'll likely be at work making sure everyone else can get the heck out of here.

I work afternoons. On occassion I do work mornings so I'll tune in on those rare occasions to see if I hear you.

11. Texas T

I'm a first responder for my company too, but it doesn't hurt to get involved anyhow. It's better to get the training and have an idea of how you can help just in case you're ever able to assist.

Do you work in the ops center downtown?

12. Glock Bob

Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

Petra,

If you're still worried about people finding your address simply email QRZ.com with your full name and call sign and tell them you'd like to have your address removed from your listing. Your name and callsign will remain.

13. Petra

Petra

Texas T,

Yes, I work in the Downtown office. But in a severe emergency, I'd be at our emergency center out near Conroe. Do you work for CO?

14. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And if somebody tries to look it up here??

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp

15. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Guest

16. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That is worth looking in to.

I forget that you only need a valid mailing address so that the FCC can deliver mail to you via the USPS....and that the address does not have to be a home address.

Now, I just need a PO box and I can post my callsign. :banana:

I'm a General but my only rig is a dual band mobile on 144/440 so it doesn't matter much...yet.

17. Texas T

No. One of the guys on the moto forum I hang out on (see sig line) works down there. I think his name is Jeff Hanson. I've been to the bunker in Montgomery so I know where you'll be. They were actually just starting the build-out for your servers when I was out there last year. HERE are some photos of what the place looked like in the past.

That's also the new location for the Montgomery County EOC. They moved out there early this year.

18. Petra

Petra

Cool pics! A lot of the stuff in the bunker is gone. The bunk beds, the communications equipment, and the operating room have all been stripped bare. I told my boss that they had removed the two most important things that we would need during an emergency....the armory and the booze. :supergrin: