close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got my 40-9 today

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DB9, Jan 7, 2010.

1. DB9

DB9

Finally got my 40-9 conversion barrel today. :woohoo: Almost as cool as getting a whole new gun..... well, sorta. Also picked up two KCI G19 mags. After reading multiple reviews on them, they seem to be pretty decent quality, and for half the cost, it's worth a shot. :rofl:

One thing to mention, it's pretty common knowledge that you can order a blind marked LW barrel, where they just move the markings to the underside. I did want to keep the 40-9 on the top however, and requested in the comments when I placed the order for them to only move the wolf logo to the bottom. Didn't really expect them to, as I figured they probably had a bunch of these pre stamped blind, but when I got it today they did exactly what I requested. Thanks LW.

And of course I had to take some pictures.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Congrats! Let us know how it shoots. :wavey:

3. DB9

DB9

You can really see how much thicker the 40-9 is compared to the stock barrel

[​IMG]

I always liked the look of a polished barrel, but don't really have the heart to do that to my stock one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uh oh, my collection of gun stuff has started to expand...

[​IMG]

brb, looking for cheap 9mm ammo....

4. Hound_dogs_01

Hound_dogs_01

is that a gold finish or the lighting on the barrel?

Alex

5. DB9

DB9

No, it's the reflection off the table it's sitting on.

Does look like it though...

6. zeme05

zeme05

Got the Storm Lake conversion in my G23 and shot 1000s of rnds w/ no problems. Alot of fun for cheap $s.

7. LRB2GZ

LRB2GZ

Congrats.

I'm still waiting on my 40-9 barrel, I ordered it "blacked" (and blindmarked) and have to wait until the next batch of refinishing.

8. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

money well spent. Let us know how the mags and barrel perform at the range.

9. DB9

DB9

Hit up the range today. Ran 150 rds of 115gr through it, and 100 rds of .40. No FTF/FTE. Although I pretty much consistently shot like crap today, just wasn't really feeling it. Muzzle flash is bright though, much more than the stock 40.
    Took about a box of ammo to get used to the reduced recoil.

Short video clip comparison, stock/40-9...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CnuvLTP8lU

Feel free to critique my grip/shooting.

10. DB9

DB9

KCI mags functioned flawlessly. However, they do feel a little more "rough around the edges".....literally. The metal on the lip of the mags feels sharp, to the point that they scratch the brass when loaded/unloaded manually... whereas the glock mags are rounded off without sharp edges. They also feel not quite as smooth, when loading rounds.

Due to these above imperfections, I expected to possibly have some sort of issue at some point. However 150 rds fed flawlessly. I know that's not enough to make a sound judgment, however IMHO it's a good start. We'll see how they hold up.

I'm tempted to break them down, and clean up all the little loose edges. However since they are working fine so far, I don't know if I should mess with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it................. I'll probably mess with them anyway though.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  11. den888

den888

Congrats ! I got my 40-9 barrel from Lone Wolf the other day for my G23 and I have shot it. You'll like it, it's like having another gun.

12. DB9

DB9

Kinda cool screenshot of the muzzle flash from the 40-9......

Edit: Another thing I just remembered, the 9mm ammo had a different smell then the .40 when shooting. Just thought that was interesting.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  13. DB9

DB9

Put another 150 rds thru the LW today, and had one FTE. It was the last shot in the mag though, so it didn't really interrupt anything.

14. Armed-N-Ready

Armed-N-Ready Glock Clone

Aside from the cheaper product pricing, are there any other benefits that swayed you to go with the Korean stuff?

15. DB9

DB9

No, just cheaper. I read enough user reviews that said they were a decent product. At half the price, I figured I'd give them a shot. They seem to be holding up just fine so far. I wouldn't use them for CC, but for range they do the job.

16. Armed-N-Ready

I understand, pricing can be a deciding factor in this sport. I have a friend who also went with the Storm Lake brand and his (shot placement) accuracy really improved.

17. robertwh

robertwh

Sweet! I am looking forward to reading how it does on the range! Enjoy!:cool:

18. BobKat

BobKat

DB9, thanks for the reviews. I am considering doing the same thing with my G23. Lone Wolf 40 to 9 barrel and 9mm mags. I was thinking about using the 15rnd magazine for the G17 since this conversion set up will only be for target and plinking. I may go with the KCI mags as well.

19. DB9

DB9

Yeah, toward the end of my range session today, I was putting 5 shot groups into 1 ragged hole at 7yrd, and occasionally at 10yrd. I'll throw up some pics over in the post your targets thread, as soon as I get my hands on a camera thats not malfunctioning. :brickwall:

20. Armed-N-Ready

DB9, I think that quality issues like this to your aftermarket mags are probably the best reason for staying with Glock factory mags.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010